Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Implementing a VGS function to LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkilledSpellz

09-17-2012

Hopefully league's community is more mature than Xbox's, and its definately possible, ive played over 200+ hours of TF2 and have friends with over 1000+ and they have never had people abuse the in-game voice chat. Tribunal would be an issue though.

cheezzyy

09-17-2012

I agree something like Xbox and hon wouldn' beE good. But what about like smite?

QraQers

09-17-2012

Quote:
BelligerentGnu:
<cough> TF2 </cough>

I'm really tired of this argument. Yes, there are places where voice comm is a problem. There are also places where it is one of the best features of the game. We have mute buttons, and I would happily deal with whatever unpleasantness something like this would generate in exchange for proper communication.

Thing is, muting would just cause more confusion than it would help. Muting someone just means that they are communicating one way you can't hear nor respond to effectively.

I truly think VOIP would be a horrible addition to this game. Let Skype and teamspeak do what they do best for arranged teams. Let VGS fill in the gap.

VGS is a really good answer to the communication flaw this game has. The perfect middleground I say.

QraQers

09-20-2012

Bump

QraQers

09-25-2012

Bump

QraQers

09-30-2012

Bump

ilililillillilil

10-01-2012

Just an idea, but why get stuck at at needing to type VA1 to mean Attack Left lane 2 middle 3 for right and more complicated. When you could allow the LoL engine to pick up someone speaking attack left, attack middle, attack right (and we could change right and left with top and bottom for summoners rift as well).

All it would require is very simple voice recognition for two words said in order almost and the computer could auto ping and say the words for what lane you mean.

This would then be very random friendly and would allow for hands free communication (no typing) other than when you need to intricately explain how to go about a fight or something that is more complex than what can be translated via speech into in game recognisable signals.

Seri or that name for the iPhone app can understand longer strings of speech (not very well) but is run on a phone. Shouldn't a pc/laptop be able to do this better and more efficently. So we could just skip typing almost altogether. maybe toggle how many string words you allow your computer to process so computers with weaker hardware can still use very basic features. Better performing computers can use more complex.

This again would probably only apply to random games any team games usually have some voice communication going between players because you are always needing to have the utility of your hands to control your abilities and movement of your character etc.

Just to note this would be seperate from an entirely automated connect via voice communication between teammates automatically. Because you are using the LoL engine to translate words so there is limited amounts of output for your input. This could help control trolling.

QraQers

10-05-2012

Bump

Thenarius

10-09-2012

I support the idea of an auto-translate function for LoL (as well as possibly language flags for a profile that can display in champion select, etc), but I feel that communication would be easiest with a system more like the auto-translate system in FFXI (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Auto-Translator), for example.

Essentially, 'type part of a word that is in the game's dictionary, hit a key to go through completions for it, select a completion and the word appears different per region or per language flag set in-game'. It's just a matter of accumulating a dictionary for each language, filled with LoL-specific terminology. There's no real limit to how much the dictionary can have in it, it's expandable, and thus it allows a very wide variety of phrases to be communicated.

The one drawback to this specific system is that it may be slightly difficult to type out a full sentence in a fast-paced situation; in those cases, we just fallback to our 'common language', which is just a very condensed English.

Daynen

10-17-2012

The third ping for MIA's is actually ingeniously simple. bind it to B or something, so it doesn't interfere with the basic layout and hand position, and you've got a winner.