Reuna, the Lost Connection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyotaika

09-05-2012

Quick note: Willing to do reviews for reviews.

Overview

Quote:
Race: Human
Origin: Common Noxus Household; The Past
Alliance: To those wanting peace
Class: Support Mage
Sub-class: AP Caster
Weapon: Raw Flowing Energy
Attack type: Ranged
Energy Source: Mana

Attack Power: ①②..................................2/10
Defense Power: ①②③④⑤⑥..........6/10
Ability Power: ①②③④⑤⑥⑦..........7/10
Difficulty: ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧.............8/10
Lore
Quote:
The memories of Runeterra fade into legend, and even that fades into myth. Time forgets everything of ancient Runeterra, such as lost lands, Noxian and Demacian lovers trying to unite the two families, even mysterious disappearances and happenings. Such was the fate of Reuna who was reported missing ages ago, but not a trace of her was discovered of her whereabouts. She was a daughter of one of the common households of Noxian, but unlike most of her peers, she fell in love with a Demacian on one of her many expeditions. She'd meet him in secret when she could, and when she was at home, she would attempt to dissolve the hatred for Demacia. On one of her trips to meet her love, she never appeared, or returned home. This led to her room being raided, in which they found about her secret with love letters and memos, and assumed the Demacians had captured her.

Reuna only remembers her past, but not of her fate. When she first woke up, she was in a cave, with mystical forces flowing and weaving around in the air about her. She discovered in her quest to find what happened in the past that the two families are more so at war, but nothing about her capture, lover, or anything of her kingdom. It was at this time she felt bitter and detached from Runeterra, uncertain where to go, or how to discover the forgotten past. Her first night was the hardest, where she discovered she can interact with the fabric of energy with her mind, when she removed a tree from existance in front of her during her anguish. With the newfound power, she hopes she can learn how to control it and uncover what was lost to her. There was only one place in Runeterra that she heard murmurs that can help her, speaking of a mage named Zilean, and have a chance to try to bring peace to the two families, which was the League of Legends.

"Despite what pains you and clouds your mind, you should always try to bring peace into the heart of those around you." - Reuna
Appearance
Quote:
5'5", blackish hair extending just at the shoulders. She wears a tattered brown pants that are ripped a bit from the knees down from her explorations through various locations, same with a brownish white vest with a shirt underneath. She wears wooden sandals and her feet and legs are wrapped with greyish brown cloth, or known as sarashi.
Passive: Determined Traveler
Quote:
Reuna's experience and determination in traveling has made her more nimble when moving, increasing her movement speed by 10/15/20. She also utilizes an additional effect depending on what ability is cast and cannot gain an additional effect until the ability is off cooldown.
Q: Scout Ahead
Quote:
First Activation: Reuna vibrates a string with energy in front of her, revealing the location for 2 seconds. This ability is refreshed after four seconds if the thread was not snapped.
Second Activation: Reuna snaps the string, dealing 70/110/150/190/230 (+ .4 AP) magic damage to enemy units, plus an additional 5% magic damage for each enemy champion caught.

Determined Traveler - Caution: Reduces 3%/6%/9%/12%/15% damage split between the enemy units revealed for the reveal duration. Minimum damage reduction is 2%. (Is not refreshed until full cooldown duration)

Type: Skill Shot
CD: 13/12/11/10/9
Mana Cost (1st): 20
Mana Cost (2nd):40/50/60/70/80
Range: 800
Width Distance: 100
Speed: Instant
Delay: .25 seconds between first and second cast
W: Inner Resolve
Quote:
Passive: Reuna passively absorbs the energy of spells cast around her, gaining a Inner Resolve stack stacking up to 4 times. Consuming stacks provides a 3 second shield absorbing 20/30/40/50/60 (+ .1 AP) damage.

Active on Ally Cast: Reuna creates a shield around an allied champion for 4 seconds which has 75/100/125/175/225 (+ .4 AP) health and consuming the Inner Resolve stacks, increasing their attack speed by 2%/3.5%/5%/6.5%/8% for each stack until it breaks.
Active on Enemy Cast: Reuna manipulates the energy of her target which deals 65/90/115/140/165 (+ .3 AP) magic damage to target enemy unit and consumes Inner Resolve stacks which increase the damage she deals to the target by 1%/1.5%/2%/2.5%/3% for each stack for 5 seconds.

Determined Traveler - Preparation: Reuna's passive shield is doubled in health, lasts an additional 3 seconds, and grants 3/6/9/12/15 additional armor and magic resistance for the duration.

Type: Point and Click (Instant)
CD: 14
Mana cost: 70/75/80/85/90
Range: 650
Speed: Instant
E: Unite Connections
Quote:
Reuna vibrates the energy in the target area, dealing 60/90/120/150/180 (+ .3 AP) magic damage and slowing them by 20%/25%/30%/35%/40% and lasting 2 seconds. Striking units affected with Reuna's Inner resolve will gain an additional effect:

Passive: While Inner Resolve is off cooldown, striking Reuna and allied champions cause her and them to gain an additional 3% movement speed per stack stored for 3 seconds provided they stay within distance of her.
Active on Ally Cast: Striking an allied champion effected by Reuna's Inner Resolve will cause them and all nearby struck allied champions to reflect 10% of damage taken back to the attacker as magical damage for 3 seconds.
Active on Enemy Cast: Striking the enemy unit effected by Reuna's Inner Resolve causes them to splash damage to themselves and nearby enemy units for an additional 20/40/60/80/100 (+.15 AP) magic damage.

Determined Traveler - Brisk Pace: Doubles Reuna's passive movement speed for 3 seconds.

Type: AoE Skill Shot
Area of Effect: 350
CD:12
Mana cost: 70/80/90/100/110
Range: 700
W Passive Range: 600
Speed: .5 second delay
R: Create Leyline
Quote:
Reuna forms a new leyline around herself or at target location for 8 seconds, reducing her cooldowns by 1 second per second within the field, healing nearby allied champions and herself for 40/55/75 (+ .15 AP) Health, and dealing 75/100/125 (+ .15 AP) magic damage to enemy champions every second. If at target location, the Leyline's healing and damage is increased by 20%.

Type: AoE Point and Click (Instant)
Area of Effect: 600
CD: 160/140/120
Mana cost: 125/175/225
Cast Range: 700
Base stats
Quote:
Stat Format: Level 0 + per level, total at 18.

Health: 370 + 70 per level, 1630 at 18.
Health Regen: 5 + .6 per level, 15.8 at 18.
Armor: 12 + 3.5 per level, 75 at 18.
Magic resist: 30 + 0 per level, 30 at 18.
Attack: 44 + 3 per level, 98 at 18.
Mana: 230 + 53 per level, 1184 at 18.
Mana Regen: 6 + .65 per level, 17.7 at 18.
Attack Speed: .665 + .013 per level, .899 at 18.
Range: 550
Movement Speed: 310
Champion Quotes and Personal Info

Quote:
Moving: "I wonder if I will find something over here..."

Moving (2): "What happened in the past?"

Attacking: "No sense in talking to those unwilling to listen."

Attacking (2): "I wonder if there's another way?"

Taunt: "Run away you, it's more peaceful this way."

Taunt (2): "Come show me what you know of peace, I'll show you mine."

Joke: "A Noxian general and a Demacian general met in middle of the battlefield to share a cup of tea."

Dance: Areobatics, since she's one to travel and weave through places.

Selection: "Will you help me find the forgotten age?"
Role
Quote:
Support, Mage, Ranged
She could be middle, or AP support bottom, or full support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a refined version of my first champion creation with a new name, link is found here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2479269

I did this revised edition because I felt the first creation was lacking togetherness with the skills and lore, and most of all, wanted a new name since people hated Rhyianna as a name and too many people were on about some singer that I've never heard of. SO FIRST AND FOREMOST, I would like to thank all those that viewed and posted in the first thread, and to those that helped me along, though not all names are mentioned. I'd like to extend an additional thanks to a few additional members of the society for getting me to this final stage before I try to get artwork and other things that I forget the name of.

Names: ploki122, TheDeathStalker, Bliztron, proXc, Poet Ultima, and others of the champconcepts in game room. Particularly TheDeathStalker.

Ok, abilities...

Passive: They made me change it, I liked this better. When you're traveling, you never know what the weather would be like, and what would happen. Your first choice usually is what will lead you down with where you go, and so chose this type of passive to constitute a change of weather and feel more or less. Also, they said I needed more movement speed or a bootless Ashe can outrun me. =\

Visual would prolly be some form of threads she treads through, or walks through, something, maybe both, treading for passive and active passive is falling strings around you while you walk.

Q: They wanted me to have a reveal, said I needed to make one on a spam ability, and wouldn't take no for an answer. So without further ado, I present the bush finder 3000! No wards required. Lol. Seriously, don't face check that bush anymore, you'll regret it.

Also, what is an AP carry without a damage ability? I mean, either they're really naturally strong like Morgana, or have something really good worth while to make up for it. Something. It needed to do damage, and if you're drawing energy from the sources caught, it only made sense it would deal damage.

W: They said I needed insurance, like triple the shield of Blitzcrank with Master Yi's W tied with it, and they did not like my attack speed bonus, but I wanted it still somewhere... But I felt they were going too far, and I toned it back 99% so it's not OP. Oh, and I removed Yi from it, somewhat. But it needed more! So I added more yums.

Visual would be for ally, like threads possibly woven around them, or so, shield the such, enemy cast I guess similar? Passive can do the same. Why not, threads for everyone!

E: They said they wanted more nuke. I gave them a mini nuke, because lets face it, we all hate Ziggs and his ult. Even Ziggs players hate his ult. So, I toned it back...

Additionally, it seems people are getting confused here. IF you cast W on an ally, only shields will proc provided you strike them. If you cast W on an enemy, only splash damage would proc, not the shields. You have to cast W on one of the two and then E would benefit one of those accordingly to who was effected and within the blast zone. You cannot proc two, or three of E's bonus effects unless you count the passive passive and the passive effect from E, which then you get two. There.

Edit: I changed E's allied cast effect from the one listed in next post to the current one because it was getting a little complicated, and I like this more.

Visual would be maybe a little encasement of web structure I guess that she tugs on a few strings together which channel the energy over to the location. When I first originally did this ability, it was plain, then I tied it with W because it was really unique and I liked it, and I wanted to keep this with a high skill cap use to get the most out of it.

R: They said longer duration or go home, so I gave it longer duration. Blame them. I also wanted it to be at a target location or on you, part reward for if they choose to walk out of the damage, part reason if they want to stay in it, and then you also need to decide what you want to do if hug them, or not... Do you like new friends?

Visual, I figured would be like a net of strings flowing around and through the center, much like E, but larger and more vivid and natural instead of being manipulated into doing the effect.

Again, thank the person that summons the moon with the title, the Moon Victory, or also known as ploki122, and others. They really helped.

If you have any opinions or stuff, I'd love to hear them! This is of course, my first champion REVISED, so, really, thank you for any of your posts! I will be working on numbers more, as I feel this is a tad strong at the moment, but will be working it down. This is just to get started.

Other created champions:

Rem, Nature's Fury

Sui, the Water Maiden

Mia, the Tempest Ambitionist

Yin, the Scales of Life and Death

Nyotaika

09-05-2012

Previous abilities / Effects:

E: Effect- Allied Champion:

Quote:
Active on Ally Cast: Striking the allied champion effected by Reuna's Inner Resolve will rejuvinate the shield which increases it's current health by 50% and refreshes the duration. If shield has broken, this ability restores the shield for 30% of the total health lasting for 3 seconds. In addition to rejuvinating or restoring the shield, this ability also applies an additional shield to allied champions caught within the zone with a 20/40/60/80/100 (+ .1 AP) health shield for 4 seconds. The shield is not rejuvinated or restored if Inner Resolve was cast on herself.

Nyotaika

09-05-2012

Reserved.

Mayau

09-05-2012

Love it <3 Luv u 2 <3>?

Bliztron

09-05-2012

Quote:
I did this revised addition because I felt the first creation was lacking togetherness with the skills and lore, and most of all, wanted a new name since people hated Rhyianna as a name and too many people were on about some singer that I've never heard of. SO FIRST AND FOREMOST, I would like to thank all those that viewed and posted in the first thread, and to those that helped me along, though not all names are mentioned. I'd like to extend an additional thanks to a few additional members of the society for getting me to this final stage before I try to get artwork and other things that I forget the name of.
yw :3

It looks really nice! Great job on it Nyotaika.

Wulffe

09-05-2012

Hey there, Nyotaika. Just dropped in to tell you I have Reuna listed in the new Champion Index. But that's not all! If you click the link now you will see that not only did Reuna get posted but for a limited time she is also a Featured Champ! congratulations and enjoy the metaphorical cookie!

ploki122

09-05-2012

The persons that helped were :
- proXc
- theDeathStalker (a lot)
- Bliztron
- ploki122
- Poet Ultima (a bit)
- probably others I can't remember (please drop in and say hi!)

next post will be my review... sorry for double post but I wanted to separate both purposr

Lyria Eternal

09-05-2012

I was there, but I really didn't help out. Nice to see the changes however. Perhaps I will do a review of this concept at some point soon.

ploki122

09-05-2012

Well, since the lore is the same, I will skip that part as for the name, you know my opinion (it's a nice one... although I prefer Rinoa... but Rinoa is FF8)

Appearace : Might be a bit bland... it's basically a ragged woman... I really couldn't find a skin idea out of this... there should be a couple of defining factors (think of Zil's beard, Leona's armor, Vayne's sunglasses and white skin, Diana's crest, Garen's sword... they all have a real defining factor... Like if you see a little hat, you think teemo).

Innate : First of all, I really think you could raise the MS a bit... 5 MS boost won't even show in 99% of the cases... Also, I suggest you to look at Sona's innate to see how you can actually word the ability in a more efficient way (basically putting the effect under the specific ability).
As for the added bonus, I love Q and W... as for E i'm simply not sure if it's the 3% (E's passive) or the Innate's 5/10/15 who's doubled... I guess it's E's and in this case it's really fine

Q : First of all, I see too many detail for the information it gives... I would really remove both speeds if they are instant and remove Q1's cd since it basically has 0 cd (the cd is refreshed). Otherwise I really like the ability...

W : I don't see any problems here apart from the fact that casting it on yourself wit hthe passive might end up a bit strong considering you can get back 50% of it with E.

E : I guess you're referring to W's stack in the passive? Also, I think this ability might be a bit strong... I mean you refresh half of your W's effect, you give MS, you shield allies and you damage enemies... launch this in a teamfight and you just won...

R : I'm a bit curious how useful it is to have a cast range of 500 while targeting yourself... unless Reuna has a fatass, 0 should be enough... As for the radius... 750 might be a bit much... even Fiddle's terribly huge ult has 600... otherwise, like E I think it is a bit strong given the fact that it offers healing and damage, but since this one is an ultimate on a big cd, it might be ok... I've seen worse... like casting down the moon and winning a game...

Nyotaika

09-06-2012

Thank you again ploki, and all, for taking a look at my champion and helping me on it. And reviewing it as ploki did. Lol. <3 Really appreciate it!