1264 games of ranked -- The ELO system, Ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VaporizeX

10-26-2012

Great thread!

Rollingson

10-26-2012

Good read

Shadogi

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoOookies View Post
I learned to last hit under fire, from checking against a gold schedule I created from watching the pros I can honestly say I am 75% of pro skill level if everything is going ok against low sub-1000 ELO competition, meaning the higher I climb this number could drop to 50% of a pro or less.
Could you share this gold schedule? I'm still new to the game (top lane) and would love to have some benchmarks to go buy.

LogicalTautology

10-27-2012

Here you go! Source: http://misc.team-aaa.com/perso_jojok...r/Creeping.png

no5peakenglish

10-27-2012

wow. thanks for the gold schedule. I can play ad like a bus, but i still cant last hit for ****. im usually at like 80cs by 10 minutes

Treza

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoOookies View Post
Little background I created this account on a bet to do an ELO challenge. The bet was to go from 500 - 1200 ELO in 3 weeks, my buddy bet me 100$ RP, why?
ok whoa whoa whoa stop right there... so youre telling me you dropped yourself to 500 elo ruining peoples games on your way down for some stupid irl bet? **** you and **** your cause dont ever come on here saying anything about anything because **** you

Nesious

10-27-2012

Good Thread, but, low elo supports are bad? :CCCCCCCC I carried my way from 900 ELO to 1500 ELO from playing support and support-type junglers (maokai, nunu), with barely anything else in between (duo quenes want bottom and someone wants jungle). Its unfortunate, a good support changes the game more than anyone cares to notice or mention, its why a lot of us get a bad rep, we do bad in one play, but when we do something perfectly no one acknowledges it. Saying they are bad is wrong, its mostly people last in quene (lowest ELO) who are just kinda rubbish in general who get support and don't really know how to play it, or its when people get stuck with it when they don't want it, and just perform bad because their morale is low, but anyone who calls support and/or plays it willingly without a "/sigh, w/e" or something of that nature is pretty good at it.

CoOokiesX

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treza View Post
ok whoa whoa whoa stop right there... so youre telling me you dropped yourself to 500 elo ruining peoples games on your way down for some stupid irl bet? **** you and **** your cause dont ever come on here saying anything about anything because **** you
Well no I am telling you that, in the old days you could dodge down by just leaving que after joining it. The old days would be about 6-8 months ago. I didn't have to play the games to lose elo you lost elo when you left the que.

So join q, get into select, quit q, play on other account, 15 min later rinse / repeat til you were at 500. I don't think they changed the system because of people like me doing elo challenges because really I don think that many people did them if so not enough for them to change the system. The new system is much better.

CoOokiesX

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesious View Post
Good Thread, but, low elo supports are bad? :CCCCCCCC I carried my way from 900 ELO to 1500 ELO from playing support and support-type junglers (maokai, nunu), with barely anything else in between (duo quenes want bottom and someone wants jungle). Its unfortunate, a good support changes the game more than anyone cares to notice or mention, its why a lot of us get a bad rep, we do bad in one play, but when we do something perfectly no one acknowledges it. Saying they are bad is wrong, its mostly people last in quene (lowest ELO) who are just kinda rubbish in general who get support and don't really know how to play it, or its when people get stuck with it when they don't want it, and just perform bad because their morale is low, but anyone who calls support and/or plays it willingly without a "/sigh, w/e" or something of that nature is pretty good at it.
From my experience yes 100% of the low elo supports are bad, meaning people that cannot not carry themselves out of this elo by just playing support. Most people playing support at the lower elos are AP mid only players and are doing this because they are trying to help the team or had no choice in the matter being last pick and or dodging.

The Key here is they cannot carry themselves out of that elo range with supports, you did it. So you are a 1500 elo support playing a lower elo and as you increased your skills then you move up and out.

Also since support isn't what I call the super star spot on any roster people that see your skills in this regard will want to play with you and ask you to join them more often, when you have 10 people seeing you come online and are all begging you to support them as ADC's then you really are moving in the right direction toward getting out of elo hell.

To provide even more clarity, I for instance am a 800 elo support player, I could never as much as I tried to carry, carry out of that elo range. I watched all I could from the pros, and did all that I could but still could not gain the momentum to carry and maintain a 1250+ Elo account. I tried many times and failed many times.

ClusterFruck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

bump for awesomeness... can't wait to see more of this, highly interesting read so far.