Graves vs Xin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander756

09-05-2012

So last night I was playing Dominion and got absolutely owned by a Xin when my team placed me bot against him. It was to the point where he would dash to me with Audacious Charge and by the time I had time to fire once or get off my Q, he had already knocked me in the air. There was no escaping once he charged me either. My summoner abilities were Garrison and Ignite because I figured Quick Draw would be a sufficient escape, but it couldn't get away from Xin's Audacious Charge.

After killing me a few times, one of my friends who is a pro came down to halp. He is a really good Rengar so he jumped Xin and then I would hit him with everything I had. The end result was Xin got a double kill on us...twice! Needless to say my friend was pretty pissed at me and I felt I let him down. I've never done as badly as I did in that game before.

Because Xin would own me so hard with physical damage, I started building armor. My items were Prospector's Blade, Ninja Tabi, Sanguine Blade, Thornmail, Warden's Mail, and Cloth Armor (building toward something). It wasn't enough. I was still dead within 2-3 seconds max.

So what went wrong here? Is Graves vs Xin not a good matchup bot? I don't think Graves is as effective bot as he would be going top to begin with and I feel matching up against Xin was poor for me as well. Xin outplayed me, for sure, but I ended up going 1/7/4 which is embarrassing. There was just nothing I could do in any fight against Xin.

What could I have done differently?

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

notthing, stacking lifesteal my work on that particular match up but it's still unreliable.. xin is an anti-carry, if that particular match up was a loss that's probably your team's fault for sending a Graves to bot vs a xin zhao, the only thing you could do there is asking for a laneswap with someone that could handle xin. *hint* Malhpite*hint*

xPainx

09-05-2012

I always felt that Xin is op Hes just too easy to play for how effective he is when it comes to dmg. He only needs a few items and is already strong. Now i know alot of people will disagree about him being overpowered because u can nuke him down or just kill him with 3 people but you can kill almost every other champ in the game with 3 people as well.

Here's a screenie of me playing Xin. Now you'll notice that i got alot more kills than everyone else in only 11 minutes with only a black cleaver and a phage. Now , ive gotten good scores quite alot on heroes like Ahri ,Cassio ,Ori etc but i actually have to put some effort when i play those heroes. But not on Xin! Honestly not hard to play him. Just charge and autoattack lol.

Xander756

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
notthing, stacking lifesteal my work on that particular match up but it's still unreliable.. xin is an anti-carry, if that particular match up was a loss that's probably your team's fault for sending a Graves to bot vs a xin zhao, the only thing you could do there is asking for a laneswap with someone that could handle xin. *hint* Malhpite*hint*
My team was comprised of Nidalee, Rengar, Darius, Kassadin, and me (Graves). Who do you think would have been a better matchup on bot for Xin?

They also had some trouble taking Windmill so although I requested help at the very first sign of Xin pushing me, nobody was able to come down to help. I wasn't gonna blame the pros on my team for my deaths so I tried to make the best of it, it didn't work out.

Volandum

09-05-2012

It's a bad matchup. Darius destroys Xin on bot, thanks to his attack speed slow. You should have had him take bot.

A lot of bruisers murder carries as soon as they get their warden's mail.

You should have been running Revive Garrison or Revive Exhaust, Exhaust would have done a lot against Xin, but you probably weren't sure who you were laning against.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

It's just a bad matchup. The only thing you can attempt to do is to Quick Draw once he dashes, but you need to be faster or you can actually get knocked up mid dash. Wardens helps a bit, but it isn't enough. Asking your Darius to swap or for ganks from Kassadin(he should be ganking bot regardless of how you are doing) would be your best bet.

TCWA Tigerbite

09-05-2012

I got absolutely trashed on by an Xin last night. I was playing Diana bot. I was trying to harass with my Q, but even then I was in range of his dash. Luckily with him being melee + my shield, I was able to escape most fights, as long as I was close to my tower for cover. Ganks were quite useless as well (a 2v1 gank anyways.) If it was another carry, it was an easy double kill. If it was a bruiser/tank, I got focused and owned in 2 seconds anyways.

Xin makes me cry. T_T

lbgsloan

09-05-2012

Such is life in soloq. Far too many teammates who think bottom can just be ignored all game, and if your bot is struggling you should just flame them instead of ganking more or swapping. Your teammates should not have left you there to deal with a hopeless matchup for 20 minutes. You're seeing more and more people just go, "**** it, I'm just playing Jax/Jayce/Yorick bot every game." and I can't really blame them.

DiscworldDeath

09-05-2012

Xin murders AA reliant champions. Always did.

Bruisers have better base stats than ranged carries, so they win early game, and win hard.

If a bruiser gets to an ADC early game, the ADC dies. This is why the bruiser meta made people shy away from squishies.

Xander756

09-05-2012

Ah well I feel a bit less bad about getting destroyed now.