@ Hippalus On legacy Skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendaryJoey

09-05-2012

Hey everyone, recently i was going through a thread where the new e- commerce guy was saying he would like community feedback on releasing legacy skins again. Just wondering how you guys feel about it.

I personally like the idea, even though I own a few legacy skins and part of me doesn't want anyone else getting a chance at these rare skins an even bigger part would be more excited for the chance to buy some I missed out on.

And if you don't want to just flat out let people buy them maybe you could put in some kind of system where people could unlock the option to buy the skin... Like after 50 or 100 games with one champ you have access to buy all of their skins.

Yuan Shikai

09-05-2012

To be fair:

Legacy skins are the kind of skins that Riot said can ALWAYS go on sale on occasion on future dates, only LIMITED EDITION skins are supposed to never come up again and they won't.

it has happened already that Legacy skins came up again, for example the Leprechaun Veigar.

VegaD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

I would love for certain legacy skins to show their faces again. After all, riot did say that they one day could.

Fumi

09-05-2012

As long snowfall / festive skins won't come again sale, I am fine. o:

EminentFate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

i fine with legacy skins coming back but not limited edition skins

Yuan Shikai

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumi View Post
They will though, from last christmas on all holiday skins were legacy.

LegendaryJoey

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumi View Post

You don't think it would be cool to get your hands on some of the older content? I would love to be able to buy Nosferatu Vlad, but will probably never get the chance.

To clarify I mean limited edition skins being available, but only when you finish some crazy achievement. Like the 100 games played with a single champ thing.

Coreporeal

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
It has happened already that Legacy skins came up again, for example the Shamrock Malphite.
Sorry, but you had the wrong skin. Leprechaun Veigar is still available in the store.

NoMoreChillies

09-05-2012

bring back red baron corki plz

Coreporeal

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryJoey View Post
To clarify I mean limited edition skins being available, but only when you finish some crazy achievement. Like the 100 games played with a single champ thing.
Oh, boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
I think most players would love this but I'd want to be sure we live up to the commitment made when those skins were put into the legacy vault. In other words, did we set an expectation for some skins that they would never be available again? I need to do more research there, and would appreciate input from those who own legacy skins.
I've underlined an important part of that quote.
He's specifically talking about Lagacy skins, not Limited-Edition ones.

Sorry, but he never meant to imply anything about bringing back Limited-Edition skins.