Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Few words about Queue Dodge Timer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

09-05-2012

Quote:
naotasan:
Thats what the last Riot employee said 7 months ago...

Fixed.

Quote:
Interceptor402:
Make it so that your "free" dodge isn't free: costs you your FWotD bonus, or tomorrow's if today's is already gone. This is something that's not time-based, and also doesn't undermine your ranking system like elo loss did, but is still something that people will want to avoid if possible, to keep them from pulling the trigger. Combine it with a consecutive games played without dodge/disconnect IP bonus, like the one that we used to have in 2010.

You really think a petty amount of IP is going to deter people from dodging? lol

People dodged all day even when there was elo loss for it, and a time penalty. Guess what you're not getting when you're waiting on your dodge timer? IP!

naotasan

09-05-2012

Thanks for the fix Fdru. I knew it was a long period of time, but I wasn't sure on the exact number of months.

FDru

09-05-2012

Quote:
RiotKiddington:
I think the current situation with Dominion queue dodge control is the perfect demonstration of the effect when queue dodge control does not exist and queue dodge is free. This is not our intention, and it is a bug that Riot need to address. I will look into the issue when I have the time.

I'm sure you're aware that the average amount of players in Dominion at any given time is approximately half of Twisted Treeline recently. Draft is unplayable due to queue times exceeding an hour and participation has only been getting worse and worse.

Why isn't this fix being expedited? It is literally destroying Dominion.

EverythingIsData

09-05-2012

Quote:
FDru:
You really think a petty amount of IP is going to deter people from dodging? lol

FWotD is not a petty amount of IP, so I guess that this means the answer to your question is "bananas".

naotasan

09-05-2012

Quote:
Interceptor402:
FWotD is not a petty amount of IP, so I guess that this means the answer to your question is "bananas".

150IP is about 2 games of Dominion. If you play 20+ a day that's not that much.

K94

09-05-2012

Quote:
RiotKiddington:
There are few concerns with some sort of “dodge forgiveness” or “free dodge of the day”. If we give out flat one free dodge per day (or something of similar concept) per player then the end result will not be pleasing for our players. I think the best analogy is printing money cause inflation. If we give out one free dodge per day per player, then there will be millions of free dodge pass floating around. Since no champion selection can be dodged twice or dodged concurrently, there will be millions of champion selection dodged and millions of player impacted regardless the cause of the individual dodge. Most of you actually have the intention of playing a game, but if we are giving a free dodge to you then we are also giving a free dodge to people around you. When the time comes that you do actually want to start the game, you may find yourself on the receiving end of someone else’s dodge. “Millions of free dodge” is a scary thing to me.

Then the question becomes, can we create a queue dodge configuration (or control) that’s smarter, more intelligent, or more selective. Well, that’s what this discussion is for. Thinking about the queue dodge design, it is like picking the “lesser of two evils”, but there are many more factors need to be considered than just pick one out of two.

Well since you said that... What about people selecting roles and the type of team they want?

eg They check off they're a mage player and they're looking for a jungler, top laner, a support and bot. Its true this system could allow trolls to troll harder but you could allow this info to be passed on to tribunal.

EDIT: Also this would allow people who want an unconventional team to play that team, eg 5 AP would just require all 5 players to select their role as AP and their lanes.

Exploding Barrel

09-05-2012

Quote:
Interceptor402:
FWotD is not a petty amount of IP

Well, at a 975RP to 6300RP to real money exchange rate, FWotD IP is worth about 8 cents. I'd call that petty.

Kiddalee

09-05-2012

Quote:
Exploding Barrel:
Well, at a 975RP to 6300RP to real money exchange rate, FWotD IP is worth about 8 cents. I'd call that petty.

You may want to fix that.

Abandon Mae

09-05-2012

Quote:
RiotKiddington:
There are few concerns with some sort of “dodge forgiveness” or “free dodge of the day”.

Would one free dodge per week be okay?

ThaddeusMike

09-05-2012

What I want is the ability to identify people who are afk in champ select, or who troll champ select. The ability to remove these people should reduce dodges by removing many of the reasons for dodging. I know Lyte doesn't like the idea, but I have yet to find him state why.