Martyr should be removed...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UtilityK

09-04-2012

Martyr is so pointless. People are getting in first place for dying the most basically, as long as they're dying on the turrets. If not removed, at least less points because right now, it's giving way too much and more than so many other useful things. Healing a team member gives 1 point and dying on a turret can give 50...

Glumduk

09-04-2012

I've never seen anyone get first place by stacking turret deaths.

Triysle

09-05-2012

If nothing else, it's good motivation to play some defense.

Nothing more frustrating than a team only concerned with caps and kills

ZehNetoBR

09-05-2012

Defending a turret is something way more relevant than killing and just as much as capping. When you sacrifice yourself to defend a turret, you're getting from 30 to 50 points, but you're also dead. For a few seconds, you won't be able to defend it, farm minions, get kills or assists or even, look at this, cap other turrets! This means time in which you won't be gaining ANY points at all (unless you're Teemo and have someone die to your shrooms, or something like that).

If anything, I believe that the "Martyr" bonus should be increased. Not to the point of forcing passive gameplay, but making it more interesting.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Score system should be removed. Martyr or not is just so irrelevant... I find highly annoying that i can't see something usefull as CS during game but can see that score, it seems a joke riot pulled out on me.

Lindre

09-05-2012

The score on Dominion pretty much means absolutely nothing.

Also, unless you can hold a point until reinforcements show up; it's better to just pull out and B and let them have the turret and try to get it back later instead of needlessly dying, losing the 2 nexus health, and giving the enemy more gold.