how to best play as morgana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ivstuntman

09-19-2010

what item types should I use? I like to go for defense and ability power but divided I ussualy fall behind. thanks ahead of time.

Mentono

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

depends if your team needs another damage soaker or just a mage.

for morgana i'd say getting boots then a RoA is a good choice. then depending on tanky or mage, you could get a zhonya's or a guardian angel?

Morrigane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

Start with a Rod of Ages and boots (Sorcerer Shoes or Mercury Treads in most cases). You want to get Rod of Ages as soon as possible, since it's more efficient with time. Generally I buy level 1 boots, RoA, then I finish my boots.

From there you can go full AP, or play more tanky and buy some defensive items :
- if everything is going well, build a Zhonya's Ring (remember to use the active, it doesn't interrupt your ulti). Start with the blasting wand (unless you're really dominating and can already afford a Needlessly Large Rood). This allows you to switch to other AP items if you choose to not build the Zhonya.
- Abyssal Scepter provides a good amount of AP along with some Magic Resist, and a Magic Resist debuff to your enemies
- if you're having a hard time against physical dps, Frozen Heart is a good item
- if they have too much CC, you can buy a Banshee's Veil so you can shield an ally and still be protected.

xpsychedelico

09-19-2010

I like initiating with Morgana, and being in the middle of a fight to get the best use of my ult, so I actually rush Zhonya's first, ignore RoA, I will get Mejai's if the game is going well, but otherwise I'll skip that too. The only other AP item I get is Abyssal scepter, usually I get Soul Shroud, Banshee's Veil, Frozen Heart, Guardian Angel, depending on the other team. So I get some good DPS and survivability with good initiation. Definitely not a straight up mage build.

In the end it depends on what your team needs. Morgana is very flexible.

Pruven

09-21-2010

I dont like RoA for morg. Rushing zhonyas is better as pyshe said. Every game is different. I usually like mid or if there is a jungler. I like the 1v2 lane(which should always be top) My typical build would probably be Sorc boots, fiendish codex and zhonya. everything else is situational. Always remember though, that morgana can farm quite well when she is by herself while staying out of danger using her pool. Some nifty little tips too. She has spell vamp so if you are ever worried to go into a jungle and your shield and bindings are on CD(cooldown) but soil is not. Use it on a shrub and if you gain health...well you know. take care brother!

EDIT: Also...Morg's R, when it isnt on cd, will let you know if someone is stealth around you

lIllIIlllIIIlIlI

09-29-2010

I found Rushing Zhonya is the best way to go on Morgana, being able to get that aoe damage then a stun in a team fight with out dying is a great help to your team.

JudoPunch

09-30-2010

Rod of ages, Ghost. Knowing when to run in and ruin someone(s) day(s).