3v3 or 5v5?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

This Nobody

09-04-2012

Well I've been mostly playing 3v3 but i see most people competitively 5v5, so can 3v3 be competitive? Meaning tournaments and such since I haven't seen any 3v3 tournies. Also if anyone would like to play just throw me a friend request.

Isamichi

09-04-2012

Hey SomeBody!

Typically, 3v3's are less popular due to less players/match & the relative unpredictability compared to 5v5's.

However, there ARE 3v3 Tourneys. unfortunately, i'm not familiar as to where you can find them. try checking the competitive Forums and see if there are any 3v3 Tourneys you could join.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-04-2012

There are 3v3 tournaments, but they're not part of the 'official season.'

This is because unfortunately the other maps haven't been getting as much love past creation as Summoner's Rift. The reason for this is, paraphrasing Morello's words, 'maintaining additional game modes takes more work than they realized when they were creating the modes.'

That said, Riot is working on increasing the amount of focus spent on these maps. While they will never replace Summoner's Rift as the staple (both as the season's main tournament and 'normal' map), they will hopefully see some more recognized play in the future.

LowlyingLemur

09-04-2012

I imagine it would be extremetly difficult to balance both 3v3 and 5v5 (not to mention crystal scar/probing grounds) with the same champion pool.

If 5v5 is balanced then 3v3 will, i think necessarily, be skewed towards champions who are stronger individually while sacrificing group presence. I haven't played a lot of 3v3 but bruisers and duelists like Jax, Darius, Fiora seem very strong while someone like Soraka just can't cut it.

This Nobody

09-04-2012

Alright thanks guys still love the joke about my name but anyway yea I though that 3v3 wasn't really popular since I see a lot of the same people in that game mode. So maybe its time to go 5v5 since I would really like to go competitive with this game seeing as its alot of fun once you learn how to play your role/ champ.

Triysle

09-05-2012

3v3 can be fun if you don't have to wait ten minutes to find a match It can also provide "some" decent experience that can be applied to other modes, depending on the champ.

It's the same argument as Dominion, in my opinion. On it's own it can be a lot of fun, but you can sometimes develop bad habits that can be hard to kick if you try to transition to 5v5.

Don't let that scare you away though Have fun and play what you enjoy!