(Guide)AP Shaco: Toggle the Clown!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WinterAyars

Senior Member

01-07-2010

I'll take the word of the game (it does magic damage) over the developers. Regardless of what they think or intend, the game is what actually matters. It's going to take a really strong argument ("the game's display is wrong and here's proof", or the like) to beat the actual game.

There's really no question. I don't know why this is still being discussed.

(Edit)

It's not even that surprising. I had to revise my (ancient) Tryndamere guide several times before i got it right. (There's no cap on crit damage and i had to fix how armor pen and armor reduction interacted--which was discussed last page here, in fact.) That's just how it goes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tarion

Senior Member

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ggle View Post
Not being stubborn here, but still I remain on the admins side on this one.
If the support riot staff tell me jitbs do physical damage, then it does just that, no matter what either of you say.
The community itsef does no decide on game physics, the developers and riiot staff made this game the way it is, so how ever they say it is, it is just that.
Maybe you don't understand what i'm saying, for that i'm sorry you do not.
No need to be condescending. Its completely uncalled for.

Anyway, it may be that that its designed to do physical damage. However, that's clearly not working as intended in this case. Its an easily verifiable thing. Go do the exact same test that the people here have done.

Then report it at as a bug. Sorted.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

Member

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarion View Post
No need to be condescending. Its completely uncalled for.

Anyway, it may be that that its designed to do physical damage. However, that's clearly not working as intended in this case. Its an easily verifiable thing. Go do the exact same test that the people here have done.

Then report it at as a bug. Sorted.
Thumbs up, you gave a very valid point that I can agree with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pigmancer

Senior Member

01-07-2010

T0ggle, I don't even play shaco and I enjoyed reading your guide.

Re criticism:
To say,"My boss said my arm isn't cut off" when someone hands you a severed arm and you can't feel your fingers... When there is empirical evidence that what you're conveying isn't necessarily the reality of things, it's.. good practice to "think outside the box" (lol, didn't even mean for it to be a pun, but.. yeah XD) Admitting that a jitb may do magical damage isn't the end of the world (because, you know.. one of the riot staff used to be my guild leader back in my WoW days and.. awesome, intelligent guy, but nobody's perfect. He made mistakes just like the rest of us.. only fewer, I admit =P (<3 Gweeto) So, even RIOT could make mistakes *OMG IT'Z LIEZ*)

Re trolls:
Acknowledgement is what trolls live for.. let them die (Rather than you having a heart attack)

Re T0ggle (the badass clown guy who f's sh*t up in the jungles):
I'm not even joking. The one who hurts the most isn't the trolls, or the nubs, or the "qq" flaming babies.. Blood pressure & stress.. The one who's really getting hurt is you. And, it does. You owe it to yourself not to let it get to you. This is from one intelligent, team player to another (Who has also rages from time to time)

And, I know this is all fu**ing preachy and sh*t... but I wanted to add.. because this is a lesson I've learned in my own life:
In game - Stop, take a deep breath. If you refrain from raging and, instead, state your case and continue to offer suggestions. Even when they're nubs who are really, really bad at the game and don't seem to pay attention or idiots who respond to you with "qq" fifty times over, you don't lose any cred for being chill. The interesting thing is.. just how often some of them actually begin to listen.

It's good to be passionate. It's better to be able to channel that passion.

DO NOT think I'm labeling you some crazy, anger nut. I am not. This is simply advice from one who has lived, learned, been hurt by and hurt others.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimraug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2010

T0ggle I have a question for you.

Say I have an item that decreases the enemy's magic resistance by a flat 20 and an item that decreases their magic resistance by 20 %. Have you had any experience about if the 20 % item gets to eat their magic res first or is the flat 20 applied in first, so that the 20 % wouldn't have as much effect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimraug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigmancer View Post
Re T0ggle (the badass clown guy who f's sh*t up in the jungles):
The one who's really getting hurt is you.
I don't think trolls can hurt T0ggle. It's just that he's disappointed in them or something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

Member

01-07-2010

Thumbs up pigmancer, The only reason I let such things get to me is because I was once a GM for the gaming company IGG.
They put me in charge(with a few other people) of the help support section of the forum and ingame support, but thats not the point, the point is i've learned a lot from that experience, one of wich being is rumors and stupid people.
When one stupid person stumbled across my guide, they could read a few posts and think completely wrong of me, but there to stupid to give a ****.
Also the rumors, one friends tells another how mean or jerk i am, sooner or later I got hundreds of people hating me for all the wrong reasons and all I can say is, how did it all start?

I'm only trying to prevent the past from recurring, anyhow i'm done answering anyones posts unless its something nice towards my guide or a question being asked nicely. if you ask a question that seems offensive, I will not even bother, and the worst I can say is ignored.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serpentongue

Senior Member

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimraug View Post
T0ggle I have a question for you.

Say I have an item that decreases the enemy's magic resistance by a flat 20 and an item that decreases their magic resistance by 20 %. Have you had any experience about if the 20 % item gets to eat their magic res first or is the flat 20 applied in first, so that the 20 % wouldn't have as much effect.
I know I'm not T0ggle, but the answer to your question is quite readily available. In fact, here it is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

Member

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimraug View Post
T0ggle I have a question for you.

Say I have an item that decreases the enemy's magic resistance by a flat 20 and an item that decreases their magic resistance by 20 %. Have you had any experience about if the 20 % item gets to eat their magic res first or is the flat 20 applied in first, so that the 20 % wouldn't have as much effect.
ugh this is such a tough question because there are no 20% magic pen anything.
you mean sorc boots and runebook for 40magic pen vs 1 voidstaff hmm...
I think it would be stupid for magic pen to be first to eat it up, then what ever is left gets 40% reduced, so in theory it sounds like 40% of their magic resist is reduced, then magic pen goes through the rest but I don't think anyones figured that out.

And i haven't gotten around to asking the admins/gms about it because it never mattered to me, I've always brang everyones magic resist to either 10 or negative something with my regular shaco build without using voidstaff.
so really this may be something we need to ask the help support section of the forum, because as I've discussed before, Its the admins that made the game so what they say goes.

I'll post in the support forum this question, and get back to you, or you can post there and then put a link here.

Nvm, looks like serpenttongue did my job for me, thanks my good chum, thumbs up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2010

sooo uhhh, if i attack 1.5 times per second for a guaranteed 1100-1200 damage (unless a tank* with just my auto attack thats about 1600-1700 dps just from attacks am i right? hitting for 300 damage 1 hit per second a full nest of boxes would be doing 1500 dps right? magic resist scales better than armor amirite? most tanks get a mix of both right? did i mention my hallucinate outdamages an ap hallucinate bomb in about 4 seconds? or that my shivs hit for about 500 with my lategame build? oh hey and my hallucinate bomb STILL does a few hundred damage? who woulda guessed?! oh **** i forgot decieve!

seriously though, whats all this bull**** about AP shaco out dpsing AD shaco, cant even do that with a full nest.

so lets go over some notes, my auto attacks out dps a whole box nest

my hallucinate out dps's yours most if not all the time

my shiv hits for 60-75% of what yours does

magic resist scales better than armor

i dont have to set a box nest in the forest and wait for players to walk in and then realize they wont because they have a brain.

i decieve for over 1200 damage?