Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nocte Prime

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agam View Post
@Kirazy and The Lady Gaga

Well, if Riot decides to use them as rewards and not re-release, that works out for keeping their word. And if you disagree, which I know you will, you are just arguing the semantics of "re-release", which then also gives Riot and others the right to use the same arguement.
It's a technicality and you know it. In legal ethics there is one overriding rule of thumb to follow when there is a question of ethics, and that is to always avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

By any measure the simple, ethical thing to do is not re-release the skins. There are plenty of other skins and things they can offer as a reward to players.

The Lady Gaga

09-12-2012

Quote:
I would disagree. I think it would should great compassion by trying to make this available to others who earnestly want it. And they would be just people, because they are keeping their word if they provide it as a reward of an outstanding achievement. A just and compassionate Riot is what I see.
Disagree all you want, your reasoning is flawed based off either outcome of what the exact promise that was made was.

Agam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte Prime View Post
That is why this is definitely happening. Too much money to be made and Riot had shown they don't care about breaching the trust of they're players.

Just because Riot can do whatever they want doesn't mean they should. It's a matter of ethics, not legalities.

Well, you'll live and life will go on, and I'm sure you'll be greatly compensated in some way even if you don't care. May be they can reward you with a free retired skin that's in the vault.

If you really feel this will happen, I wish you would consider being an advocate for the release, and get a special reward for promoting unity in the community; instead of showing venomous distain. I can understand where you are coming from, but I wish you would also so where the majority of others are coming from and a bit of compassion.

Nocte Prime

09-12-2012

Quote:
I would disagree. I think it would should great compassion by trying to make this available to others who earnestly want it. And they would be just people, because they are keeping their word if they provide it as a reward of an outstanding achievement. A just and compassionate Riot is what I see.
Just a bunch of kids who want someone else's toy. That's not compassion, that's feeding their greed at the expense of someone else.

Agam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-12-2012

Quote:
It's a technicality and you know it. In legal ethics there is one overriding rule of thumb to follow when there is a question of ethics, and that is to always avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

By any measure the simple, ethical thing to do is not re-release the skins. There are plenty of other skins and things they can offer as a reward to players.
If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit. lol

Kirazy

09-12-2012

Quote:
Well, you'll live and life will go on, and I'm sure you'll be greatly compensated in some way even if you don't care. May be they can reward you with a free retired skin that's in the vault.

If you really feel this will happen, I wish you would consider being an advocate for the release, and get a special reward for promoting unity in the community; instead of showing venomous distain. I can understand where you are coming from, but I wish you would also so where the majority of others are coming from and a bit of compassion.
"I can understand where you are coming from"

No, no you cannot. You fundamentally cannot. You feel cheated that you can't buy some particular Limited Edition skin. You feel that a "wrong" would be "righted" by a re-release of these skins.

No, you definitely cannot understand.

The Lady Gaga

09-12-2012

Quote:

I don't think you understand the meaning of compassion ^_^

Taking a skins rarity and ruining the bond between a group of consumers and the company all because you want the skin for yourself is not compassion. It's greed. You don't in any way shape or form need the skin. You want it. Them giving it to you would not be "compassionate" as it is accompanied with a great evil.

Agam

Recruiter

09-12-2012

Quote:
Just a bunch of kids who want someone else's toy. That's not compassion, that's feeding their greed at the expense of someone else.

Greed is wanting more than you need, like you needing to have a skin all too yourself.

Nocte Prime

09-12-2012

Quote:

Look, I don't even own any of those skins. But the idea of re-releasing limited edition skins in any shape, form or fashion absolutely reeks. And don't talk about compassion, you sound like a pot smoking hippy idiot. This has nothing to do with compassion and everything to do with greed and you know it. Greed from players like you, who want those skins, and greed from Riot, who sees an opportunity to make some money off of broken promises.

Agam

Recruiter

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lady Gaga View Post
I don't think you understand the meaning of compassion ^_^

Taking a skins rarity and ruining the bond between a group of consumers and the company all because you want the skin for yourself is not compassion. It's greed. You don't in any way shape or form need the skin. You want it. Them giving it to you would not be "compassionate" as it is accompanied with a great evil.
So Lady Gaga, do you want the skin only for yourself or do you need the skin only for yourself?