Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

13utterF1ngers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Potential idea for increasing ip gains. not sure if this has been thrown out before, but in order to fix ip gains, why not have a system where theres a certain % increase of ip gained for your matches after a certain amount of champions you have? e.g. if you have 20 champions unlocked, your ip gain percentage is increased by 5% or something, rough example there but you'd have to work out the numbers for it.

JabaRune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

3150 WHERe

Zeninth

09-05-2012

After looking over the champions and release dates, Olaf, Xin Zhao, Vlad, Sona, Cass, and Kog needed a price drop last century!

Akitu

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
I think most players would love this but I'd want to be sure we live up to the commitment made when those skins were put into the legacy vault. In other words, did we set an expectation for some skins that they would never be available again? I need to do more research there, and would appreciate input from those who own legacy skins.

As a legacy skin owner of a small number of them (Mr. Mundoverse, Void Cho'gath? and some others I can't recall at the moment) I'm all in favour of bringing back certain legacy skins for a short period of time. For example, I LOVE Poppy, and own all of her skins except Lollipoppy, which was released and vaulted before I got the chance to buy her as I did not start until mid 2011. I would trade my PFE AND Battlecast Cho'gath skins for a Lollipoppy if the opportunity presented itself.

Not only would the small spurts of increased legacy skins drive up extra purchases for Riot, it would give people who managed to snag a legacy skin originally, or newer players, something to show off until a future time when it may be released from the vault again. Meanwhile, everyone who now has it gets to flaunt a limited edition skin and drive up demand for it.

It's a win-win situation for Riot and the players. I could get my Lollipoppy and Nosferatu Vladimir and Riot could shut up and take my money!

But seriously, as a legacy skin owner, I fully endorse the idea of re-releasing past legacy skins for special occasions or limited time frames randomly. If only to get the skins I couldn't afford previously or skins that were released before I started LoL.

There would have to be some exceptions I think, but as to what they are currently I don't know. Maybe a release theme skin would stay vaulted forever if it got to a point like that (example: Riot Girl Tristana, Unchained Alistar, Judgement Kayle) if it ever got to a point where we were vaulting skins of this type.

Khell DarkWolf

09-05-2012

Hippalus, would you be open to the idea of changing the way the 1 to 3 day IP boosts work so that they only work when you actually play the game?

Nothing is more frustrating then having one of these day boosts and then you cannot commit to even half of the 24 hours because everyone needs sleep/work and much of it becomes wasted since the boost still runs even if you're not playing (much like EVE online skill training).

I honestly think changes to this will go a long way.

Akitu

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrkWolfe View Post
Hippalus, would you be open to the idea of changing the way the 1 to 3 day IP boosts work so that they only work when you actually play the game?

Nothing is more frustrating then having one of these day boosts and then you cannot commit to even half of the 24 hours because everyone needs sleep/work and much of it becomes wasted since the boost still runs even if you're not playing (much like EVE online skill training).

I honestly think changes to this will go a long way.
Riot, hire this man!

Nothing worse than buying a 1 day IP boost only to have 18 of the 24 hours go to waste with stupid things like real life and responsibilities. I myself have bought a few and wound up having some family emergencies to tend to and felt like I wasted money.
Since then I only buy the win boosted IP bonuses when I do buy them at all.

wildfire47

09-05-2012

So you grew up in SoCal That is where I live mind if i ask witch city you grew up in?

Fallen Virtue

09-05-2012

Is there any actual reason why the $100 RP Purchase is temporary? I could definitely see myself buying something like that but not within the next few days when it's available. Is it just there to collect data and see how many people actually purchase that much RP?

GnomeDigest

09-05-2012

Why did you price reduce Garen a second time before reducing the price of some other champion who has never seen a reduction?

Aramillio

09-05-2012

Hippalus,

Can you explain the marketing decision to only give Riot Graves to the people who attended PAX the first day and neither mention it in the official marketing decision here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2530934

nor take the initiative to let people signing up on the computers at PAX on the second and third day know that if they want Riot Graves they should head over to the store to pick him up as he isnt available to the 2nd and 3rd day participants.

The post noted above clearly states that:

Quote:
Both Arcade Sona and Riot Graves will be given to PAX attendees.
It is the first line and is a singular complete sentence.

I feel like I have been lied to by Riot.

I am offended by the way this was handled because in the past, Riot has always been forthcoming with information like this. To have this information not readily disclosed feels like a slap in the face, and a sign of general disrespect to the community at large.