Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarkTehKing

09-05-2012

I have a Wal-Mart gift card sitting around with just over $100 left on it. If I purchase $100 worth of RP cards in $10 or $25 denominations will the 4,000 RP bonus be applied to my account? I'd like to take advantage of this sale, but I don't think I'll bother if I can't use some leftover birthday funds.

pramit the great

09-05-2012

will there by any change on the pricing of rune and rune pages? I been so long and riot just keeps avoiding the issue. IIRC there is a thread with 1500+ upvotes still not responded to by a rioter.

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
[On the topic of making high IP costs for skins]

If enough players wanted something like that, I could probably make it happen. But only if they promised not to call it a grind!
This seems like a good idea, especially for players that play a ton and have enough IP for just about everything already.

Iron Savior

09-05-2012

Garen deserves better!

GuraKKa

09-05-2012

Welcome aboard Hipp!

Yay IP reduction!

StarBubbles

09-05-2012

I'm just not a fan of the RP distribution system you get when you buy RP. Why can't it be equal to a champion? IE: Your leftover RP that will not buy you anything. Anything below 260 RP is worthless...

I would also like RP content prices to end in a zero. IE: Champs/skins should be sold at like 1000rp. Obviously you would up the rp you get when you buy $5 worth to at like 1000. Thus, you buy your skin at full price or 2 skins on sale. (With 0 rp leftover.) We get more options that way.

Edit: I don't mind the champs constantly being 6300ip, even though it's a money making scheme. I just want to make the best out of my rp (money).

Zyrxil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Hi Hippalus, a slight tangent- can you comment on the Huntress Sivir skin (thread about it). It's a skin that's only available as a part of a bundle of older/cheaper champions in the store; a bundle created as a promotion for Direct2Drive (Direct2Drive doesn't even exist anymore). Riot once said they would eventually have it for sale by itself, but it looks like they simply forgot about it. Any chance you can get it available for purchase by itself?

Cooldude1234

09-05-2012

[QUOTE=Hippalus;28975812]Personally, I have never thought of LoL as a grind, even when I didn't have enough IP for every champion and rune that I wanted (which was often). I think of grinding as having to repeatedly do something un-fun in order to get to the fun part of the game. Playing LoL with friends, or even in solo queue, IS the fun part of the game - how is that a grind?To answer your question, there are no plans to change the standard rate of IP gains. Reducing the IP cost of content either permanently or through sales should help that IP work a little harder for you though./QUOTE]

What you think personally and what the community thinks are different. Many players do consider it a grind. When you can only play for a few hours a week it takes a long time to earn that 6300 IP for a champ, rune page, or to buy runes. Reducing the prices of runes would help a lot because they are pretty essentially to play. If you are lanning vs someone with a full rune page and you have none you are at a huge disadvantage.
A few threads concerning IP hopefully you check them out:http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...552&highlight=
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...066&highlight=

Also, lowering the prices of champions is great but it would be nice to have some sort of consistency with it. IE every 4 months we will reduce the price of 3 champs. Also, why did you lower the 6300 champs to 4800? They used to be lowered to 3150? What is the reasoning behind that? As well, lowering the price of Garen AGAIN really? You are already on repeat champs..

Thirdly, I think having the ability to make your own bundle would be a great idea. For example you pay X amount of RP and you can pick 1 6300, 1 4800, 2 3150, and 2 520rp skin. Something along those lines so you can pick what's in your bundle.

nyttyn

09-05-2012

Here's a idea:

Would it be possible to have a option for a "base" rune page option for every champion? Basically, a defualt rune page that cannot be changed, but in exchange has tier 1/2/3 (depending on your summoner level) runes that are 'recomended' for new players of the champion (Say, AD runes on master yi, mana regen and gp5 on supports, etc). This would allow people to try out new champions and not suffer for chosing a champion they don't have the runes for while at the same time helping to aleviate the high entry cost that currently exists as a barrier for serious competitive play (that is, the high IP cost of runes), as well as keeping the 'time investment' required to fully customize your champions playstyle (remember, these runes are locked, and as such cannot be changed.).

Thoughts?

FireFlinger

09-05-2012

What about adding the option to give RP to people. This would be useful in many cases ;p.
Such as you need >30 rp for a skin and instead of submitting a ticket a friend can just pass you it.
Or being an indirect way to Buy RP in a bigger pack and split the RP so you get more bonus RP for your money. (This would probably increase sales )