Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vertchewal

09-05-2012

Do something about the prices of runes =/ The decision to buy 3 Quints or a 6300 champ shouldn't be in the same arena.

Koillu

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
If enough players wanted something like that, I could probably make it happen. But only if they promised not to call it a grind!
No, please dont make skin buyable with IP. Even if it's a ton of IP, it's the "special" thing paying players get, dont take that away.

Izacer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Quote:
I think most players would love this but I'd want to be sure we live up to the commitment made when those skins were put into the legacy vault. In other words, did we set an expectation for some skins that they would never be available again? I need to do more research there, and would appreciate input from those who own legacy skins.
I personally own a few Legacy Skins, and there are more that I would like to own, as well as certain Holiday skins.

There are two main reasons why I don't own those skins, and they are:
1: I couldn't afford them when they were out. (Both)
2: I wasn't playing when they were out. (Holiday)

I have a suggestion for the Holiday skins, so that players who weren't around when they were released have a chance to purchase them. Allow people to purchase past holiday skins, along with new ones, around the holiday they are related to.

For example, I wasn't around for Workshop Nunu, Happy Elf Teemo or Snow Bunny Nid, but I would like to purchase Workshop Nunu, however, I am unable to because it is not on sale anymore (It was from 12/16/09 - 1/6/10). My suggestion is to release them for sale again during the (More recent) Snowdown Showdown sales that are held in December.

I also don't understand why Riot created Legacy Skins in the first place. The post announcing it just said "To make room for the next generation of awesome champion apparel." It obviously isn't due to the skins taking up to much space in the store, as they have released more than they retired since then. Personally, I don't see a reason to have "Legacy" skins at all, and think that the only skins that should be limited are Holiday / Promotional Skins.

Baneson

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koillu View Post
No, please dont make skin buyable with IP. Even if it's a ton of IP, it's the "special" thing paying players get, dont take that away.
I'd be ok with this if it was a small subset of skins and the IP prices were in the 5 digit range.

On the topic of bundles:
I was thinking it be nice if Riot had a bundle of champions that you could buy one to fit each specific meta role. That way a Summoner can easily get set up to learn all of the current meta-roles and get ready for Ranked play.

Also, and this is a little off-topic, but I notice that while in-game there are 'Recommended Items' for each Champion there is no such concept for 'Recommended Runes' on mastery pages. I know this is probably because this is where the diversity in builds comes into play, but I think it'd be helpful to implement this for new Summoners in the Mastery Page display somehow. It'd at least give them a place to start.

Thanks and welcome!

N49

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
If enough players wanted something like that, I could probably make it happen. But only if they promised not to call it a grind!
What about "Recolor" skins for IP?
SMITE dose it, and it's glorious.

Sometimes all you want is a different dye, especially now that most skins change the entire theme of the champion.

Yasuchika

09-05-2012

Thank you based Hippalus, I'm very glad to see someone making public statements about the commerce behind LoL.

I personally would love to see runes and runepages be less static, as it is right now there are hardly any sales or promotions involving them. They aren't as fancy as skins and champions, but on the other hand they feel more mandatory.

Jezzail07

09-05-2012

Hello! I have some ideas/feedback that I'd like to share with you, but it's too extensive I was wondering if you have any email account you could check. Thanks for your time.

Aggrbargl

09-05-2012

How do you justify tying power to time and money spent in a competitive game? I don't care about the semantics of whether the word "grinding" applies; the point is that someone with more champions to choose from/trade to his teammates and more rune pages has an advantage over his opponents because he can counterpick more effectively, pick the most appropriate defensive runes, and so on.

Fix that, and I promise I'll spend money on your game.

MonQuixote

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Thanks! I also feel that there has been a huge lack of communication between the Riot team and us.
Everything you're doing makes this gaming community more enjoyable to be a part of.

MonQuixote

09-05-2012

Also I am hugely in favour of the idea of being able to buy skins with large amounts of IP!!!