Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magma

09-05-2012

Just giving a bit of input into the 3150 IP champions being 975 RP, I would like to say that if they were all reduced to something more logical and reasonable such as 585 RP or something then I would probably buy most of them, but as it stands I will not end up buying any of them for the current price and since I'm very sure many others feel the same, it would probably be in Riots best interests to lower them.

Other than that, welcome! I hope you will stay active on these forums, as it does mean a lot .

requium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

I dont know if you'll read this but you're awesome! This IP and rune page problems you're looking to fix is excellent! Great job man! You're making my experience better already as I'm getting maokai soon to jungle with, just cant decide what skin I want!

Haha same YOLO

09-05-2012

So another question - in regards to long term expansion, what is the backup money generation plan when champions inevitably slow down?

If there are 200 champions or more, a lot of new players will be dissuaded from playing. This is a long term financial-side issue. The question then becomes how will you guys be making money if champion releases slow down with such a tight correlation to champ/skin sales and money generation.

There are a ton of other things, but I feel like expanding on them at the moment would be a bit much.

Guttler

09-05-2012

Quote:
I think there is so much more we could do with bundles, including themed bundles and some version of create your own bundles. It will take some time to make this happen, but I will start a specific bundle thread in the coming days as I'd like to get your feedback here.
I instantly though of a Darius and Draven bundle as being cool, since they are brothers and came out back-to-back.

Xesante

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
If enough players wanted something like that, I could probably make it happen. But only if they promised not to call it a grind!
Sign me up! It's not grinding, I swear!

Victisaadi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

If you ever read this, I would just like to know you are going to become a fan-favorite red if you keep up this great work. Simply telling us what's going on in marketing, talking with us about changes, showing you're listening to ideas and why some aren't viable; You're a true example of why I love the Riot staff.

SC Handsome Aces

Recruiter

09-05-2012

Quote:
I think most players would love this but I'd want to be sure we live up to the commitment made when those skins were put into the legacy vault. In other words, did we set an expectation for some skins that they would never be available again? I need to do more research there, and would appreciate input from those who own legacy skins.
As a player who owns a few limited skins, I can say that I wouldn't be sad if there were explicit times that they were opened up. You know, like, how at PAX events, PAX skins are on sale for those of us that can't make it, and then over a holiday season, maybe re-allow purchases from the previous years at the same point?

Personally, I'm more about enjoying the skins than shoving in people's faces that mine is more exclusive than theirs. I'm a collector, but not an elitist about it.

Hopefully that was helpful feedback

unawaremushroom

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiC Tys0 View Post
Hi!
So you are the surrogate for the Chinese overlords?
omg

VejiTehDestroyer

09-05-2012

I hope yet better than the last guy! Lol

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-05-2012

Quote:
I think most players would love this but I'd want to be sure we live up to the commitment made when those skins were put into the legacy vault. In other words, did we set an expectation for some skins that they would never be available again? I need to do more research there, and would appreciate input from those who own legacy skins.
I have no problem with Legacy skins coming back (possibly in a bundle ...) I disagree with limited skins though. Limited skins have always been offered with the impression (or even explicit declaration, I can't remember) that they would never be back in the store again. I don't know how you guys want to handle that going forward (i.e., make everything legacy instead of limited), but I wouldn't change the current LE skins. I personally don't even own any LE skins (unless you count UFO Corki, though I do own a few legacy skins), but I still feel rather strongly about this. While I would love to own a few of these skins, I didn't pick them up when I had the chance. For those who didn't play when a LE skin came out, it's not something game-breaking. For those who did buy LE skins though, it's something they can pull out of the vault to show off now and then, almost a point of pride; this is especially true for the 'collectors.'

Of course, this is for direct purchase. I would be much more okay with access to limited skins being rewarded to contest winners; not only would this make those contests better as they have more reasons to compete, but it would also keep the LE skins from losing their special nature.