Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

09-04-2012
9 of 26 Riot Posts

And now for some of the more random questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piatchi View Post
Welcome!

I have a question pertaining to Riot's philosophy; The game has been around since 2009, and since there have been a little over 100 champions released.

Will there be an end? Will Riot say "Okay, we're done releasing champions, we're going to start focusing on other areas of PvP.net, or even a new title!"
This question touches on much more than eCommerce, so I'll leave it to older and wiser Rioters than I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Wild View Post
Welcome Hippalus Care to explain your name?
Hippalus was a Greek merchant some 2,000 years ago that discovered a more direct route to India and therefore provided better service at lower prices which resulted in more prosperity for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
What is that avatar? Is that an elderly Teemo? o_O
Not a Teemo - just a shopkeeping Yordle. I liked it better than Corporate Mundo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???? ??? View Post
I like you.

Can we be friends in game?

Only if you buy a Summoner Name Change first

Everyone else, feel free to add me in game. Not that I expect to have time to play much in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isochronous View Post
its all about the bottom line, why would you make a product if you don't expect to make a ton of money off of it? Riot doesn't sit around and go, "hmm, well, what can we do to really please our customers today?" its more like, " hey guys, we made $100mil in revenue last quarter, what new features can we add to make that $200mil? Hey marketing guy, make sure you keep spewing that "Riot loves their customers and care more about them than money stuff". K Thanks.
Actually you're wrong. "What can we do to create more awesome for players?" is exactly what the top people at Riot grill us employees on every day. I never said they don't care about Riot's financial health, because they do, but it's just not the primary focus that it is at other companies that are run by businesspeople and not gamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpulent Flesh View Post
What happened to Moneypenny?
Rumor has it she moved on to one of those other companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
Hey, you like Burritos? Off-topic, YOU'D THINK, until you watched my League of Legends cooking videos.
You can't grow up on the streets of So Cal and not like burritos. If you have a carne asada burrito with guacamole video that somehow incorporates LoL, I promise I'll watch it.

JoJoBeatsAll

09-04-2012

Are there any plans to change rune pricing, or power? Right now, a lot of the weaker runes (crit damage, hp/lvl marks, mixed pen) are very expensive (7290IP per set) and that's really, really strange.

Fr Kresendo Sona

Master Recruiter

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
If enough players wanted something like that, I could probably make it happen. But only if they promised not to call it a grind!

Can we call it extremely tedious fun? Jokes aside if you could make champions *skins* unlockable with a really high IP cost that would be great. As someone who has all champions unlocked and a ton of skins I've reached a point where i'm not willing to spend $ on this game anymore.

2xHero

09-04-2012

I understand that this question probably goes beyond the boundaries of eCommerce, but are you aware of any plans to adjust the free champion rotation? There are over 100 champions now, and with only 10 in rotation per week, players sometimes have to wait months to try "that one" champion. This is very frustrating when considering purchasing a 6300 IP champion, and lower priced champions are frequently in the rotation. I have noticed that the rotation is getting better at including champions more equally now, but it still is irritating to have to wait more than 2 months to try a champion.

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Quote:
Hippalus was a Greek merchant some 2,000 years ago that discovered a more direct route to India and therefore provided better service at lower prices which resulted in more prosperity for all.
Aww you cut out the more important part of my post

Anyways thanks for the responses to the questions in this thread, I am excited to see where you take the business part of LoL.

To infinity, and beyond!

HiddenOctopus

09-04-2012

All I ask for is a return of holiday skins during said holiday!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you and have a fantastic time taking my food money.

StormThief

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Have you ever thought about compensating players who own all the champs in IP reductions with not a direct refund, but with some small bonus like a few IP boosts? Something to say like, "Hey thanks for playing all this time to get those characters (or supporting us by paying for them). Here's a little something to say thanks for that time, and keep having fun!"

I agree that a direct IP refund is way overkill (I'd personally get quite a lump sum of IP from it) but just a little thing like this feels pretty good for the players, and encourages them to keep up the fun and focus a little less on the "non-fun grind" of LoL (at least for me).

FergusMacBolg

09-04-2012

You mentioned a sort of backwards extension on the bonus RP gains. Any idea how far back that goes? My last purchase of RP occurred on the 31st of August.

Rezuul

09-04-2012

Quote:
Only if you buy a Summoner Name Change first
That's one of the issues I wanted to ask about; what are your thoughts on giving everyone a 1-use free name change? A lot of our old/new users start the game with a lot of excitement under their belt, and can often in their haste pick a name that they later on feel rather stupid about.

Thanks a lot for coming here to talk about this stuff, the Feral Scream icon for GD really lives up to itself :P

flamingpiggy

Recruiter

09-04-2012

Thank you so much for the communication.
I feel this has been lacking recently but now that there's someone in charge of pricing I feel better about Riot.