Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LimitlessChaos

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailygoat View Post
Basically this x10000

Buying certain skins in my mind means "I support this idea from Riot and hope to see more of this in the future"

As much as I will be downvoted, as a paying customer, I would not like this change at all.
Your mind is a little off then.

I have bought a LOT of skins. A lot. As in, I've bought them for champions I almost never play but because they were on sale, I got it. (Scarlet Hammer Poppy, for example and I'll most definitely do the same when Tyrant Swain, Blackthorn Morgana and Robo Jayce go on sale)

There is NOTHING wrong with putting a huge IP cost on a skin. You're not buying the skin because you're some super generous guy who thinks something like "I wubs you Riot, have some support money."

You're just like me and everyone else. You liked the look, sound or feel of the skin so you bought it (or in some cases, you just didn't like the way that champion looked by default so you got a skin so you can stomach playing them...like everyone who bought Warmonger Sion)

Example: Soul Reaver Draven. I bought it because Draven sounds much cooler with a little voice distortion and has completely different weapons and armor in that skin.

So, as someone who has bought a **** ton of skins, I don't know why you all think you need to be "special snowflakes" because you have a skin. Everyone who plays should have some way besides plunking out money of getting a skin, especially for a champion they really like playing.

I bought Demonblade Tryndamere and wouldn't raise a ****ing ounce of protest if they put it on sale for 975 with a standard skin sale. Before someone jokes that I wouldn't care because no one plays Tryndamere, you could say the same thing about Bloodlord Vlad if I bought it (which I haven't because I don't really play Vlad much but wish I would've because I hate his Oompa-Loompa hairdo) and he's resoundingly more popular than ol' Tryndy.

So yeah..you're not special because you bought a skin and you didn't buy a visual/audio alteration to your champion because you're some benefactor. You bought it because you wanted a different look for your champion and everyone who plays should have a way to get that, even if it takes a ton of IP (and they'd probably exclude the legendary crop, though again, I don't think it's necessary and I've bought two of them)

Eclipse Apostle

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
would appreciate input from those who own legacy skins.

As someone who owns quite a few Legacy skins, I honestly want them to be released from the Vault every now and then. I had assumed the holiday-themed skins would be recurring, so I wouldn't feel cheated out of them, and am honestly surprised the Soccer skins didn't make a return.

Since you seem to really enjoy bundles, I think some Champion-specific bundles that also allow you to unlock their Legacies would be a worthwhile investment. The only issue I can see with this is not enough people having Legendary and Legacy skins to really make a bundle worth it, but that's something to take up with the art department (they've got a serious problem when it comes to making skins for those who need them).

Abolita

09-04-2012

Quote:
....and would appreciate input from those who own legacy skins.
Greetings! I have a few of these legacy skins already, and feel great when I enter a game, and have people say "Oh nice skin! I haven't seen that in a while." etc I don't own all of them, and wouldn't be opposed to have a limited re-release of some of the skins, especially on the champs and skins I do not own.

Maybe re-release some of the skins at a certain time of year in a bundle, for a weekend?

Master SARS

09-04-2012

Quote:

I think most players would love this but I'd want to be sure we live up to the commitment made when those skins were put into the legacy vault. In other words, did we set an expectation for some skins that they would never be available again? I need to do more research there, and would appreciate input from those who own legacy skins.
If I recall correctly, Riot's definition of "Legacy" involved the opportunity that said skins would be re-released (on a limited basis) at a later date. To this day, I've yet to see that happen. Kind of disappointing, to be honest.

Abolita

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse Apostle View Post
(they've got a serious problem when it comes to making skins for those who need them).
Totally agree to this There are a LOT of champs that have been neglected in an amazing skin upgrade for a long time. One of my favorites being Sivir. All of her skins are terrible, save for PAX Sivir, and Spectacular Sivir (both are unavailable / hard to come by).

Which bring me to my next point. Those PAX skins should be purchasable after a PAX event, like Arcade Sona was. Perhaps double the price of a regular skin since it's from a special event?

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Quote:
Interesting idea. The biggest hurdle would be that the technology to do that does not exist in our store today, and would take a while to build. I don't want to wait that long to address the rune page problem.
It'd be cluttered kinda, but then again the rune page area has little in it. Just have a rune page for 450, when you buy its gone like a normal champion. Then have 1350, 3150 etc all there too up to the max #, probably soft capping at 6300 per page around the 5th or 6th, which can just be a rune page purchase setup the way it is now. I hope you follow what I'm saying, because looking at the current store set up it seems like it'd work?

[450] [1350] [3150] [4800] [6300] <-- 5 rune pages like this, the first four lock or w/e happens like when you buy a new champion or skin, and the last one stays unlocked for multiple purchases?

Edit: This also would remove the need to compensate for any players who do not already have 20 rune pages, as they will still have access to the reduced prices for 4 others.

Myrmidont

09-04-2012

Quote:
I think most players would love this but I'd want to be sure we live up to the commitment made when those skins were put into the legacy vault. In other words, did we set an expectation for some skins that they would never be available again? I need to do more research there, and would appreciate input from those who own legacy skins.
The only commitment I feel you've made on legacy skins is they're available during the same time each year once each year.

Halloween Legacy skin? only available during that same time next year etc.

Old skins that you locked up? have it set to once a year w/e make it a riot specific event like with steam and their summer sale.

(and as I say this I own 3 holiday skins so xmass mao, snowman heim, not blitz blitz)

Supreme

09-04-2012

Sooo, When Rockateer Tristana finally gets the love it deserves, and isn't a "hush hush" skin that well over 400 thousand people have seen that Riot constantly denies or gives no information about, do you know if that will carry the 975 Rp or Legendary 1820 RP price tag? It's a shot in the dark, but worth a try.

Silver Raven

09-04-2012

Welcome to the forums

Hope you enjoy the time spent posting here I feel we will be hearing good news from this previously silent area =P

Welcome! =D

Zeninth

09-04-2012

Possibly the most responsive and productive thread I've seen on the forums. Keep it up everyone!

I really like the ideas suggested regarding rune pages. Start out cheap then each additional page in escalating amounts till the cap of 6300 IP per page. 2 pages for newcomers just isn't enough for ranked. 5-6 pages is a lot better. And the hardcore can get 15-20 rune pages if they want.

I would love to see retired skins come back out sometime. Not sure which category some belong in but I remember seeing the hockey player themed Jax skin and I wanted it so bad. It's a shame that it's no longer available.

I would love to see more bundles and types of sales and also increasing the number of champions and skins on sale each time. There are soon to be 104 champions. It's just so much content! There needs to be more ways to promote sales and help players who want to collect more champs.

Would it be possible for players to create their own bundle (with certain restrictions). eg. pick any 3 skins of your choice for 1460 RP. Exclusions include legendary, pulsefire ezreal, and any skin released in the last 4 months. This would boost Riot's profits and also be a win for players who like certain skins but just always wait patiently for sales and just sit on RP, sometimes for half a year just to get a skin.

Finally, there really should be some sort of policy or predictability regarding champion price reductions. The speed of release in new champions makes it impossible for new players or more casual players to keep up, unless they spend a lot of RP. Like others have wisely suggested, older champions should be price reduced at least in equal response to the speed and quantity of new 6300 IP champion releases.