Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mythoclast

09-04-2012

Ever think about reducing the price of Vlad? I mean I already own him and all but he is getting a bit old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echorion View Post
Believe it or not, some people don't have $100 to just blow out on a game.
I have bills, and I know exactly how much I need, I can't go cutting into that, I'm down my spending money for a little bit.
Your extremely rude snap at my personal affairs is not appreciated, please don't do that again. Thank you.
He is either Dickface or a troll.

Dickface doesn't care what you think and trolls actually enjoy your pain. Best to ignore.

TheMindsEye

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Wild View Post
Welcome Hippalus Care to explain your name?

As somebody who has spent over $300 dollars total (maybe 400, I dunno, stopped keeping track lol) on this game I am curious if you guys will be doing anything as an appreciation to the big time supporters that keep the game free to play for everyone else. Of course if you don't do anything special I won't stop buying RP or anything, it would just be nice :3
I agree With over 92 skins myself I would love to see even just a big 'ol thank you skin for one champ or something to us bugger supporters. I love riot

TalLavi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

I got a question about Achievement system,
Do you think you can incorporate the Achievement system or maybe a positive report system into the pricing?

If you get X achievements or positive rewards you will get Y IP or Y% Reduction on IP/RP.

HM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Quote:
Believe it or not, some people don't have $100 to just blow out on a game.
I have bills, and I know exactly how much I need, I can't go cutting into that, I'm down my spending money for a little bit.
Your extremely rude snap at my personal affairs is not appreciated, please don't do that again. Thank you.

Try budgeting better?

Seriously, if you can't afford a $100 at any given time, you have serious financial issues.

Edit: Downvotes from more fast food workers.

Overlord Forte

09-04-2012

Will anything be done about 'useless' RP?

That is, left over RP from a purchase that is functionally worthless and cannot ever hope to buy anything in the store (even at the highest 75% sales). I understand it can carry over for future use, but I am rather miffed when I have to buy 10$ of points, burn 8$, and I'm stuck with 2$ of points that cannot be used, ever. I'm not getting the most bang for buck, I feel, because I have to buy another 10$ assortment of points and maybe that previous 2$ laying around can get used. Or I'm suddenly at 4$ laying around, etcetra.

Zeninth

09-04-2012

I'll just copy and paste what I wrote in champion price reduction thread. Hope you read it Hippalus

Quote:
Finally another champions price drop. About time, but we need another one on top of this. So many new champs came out since the last price drop. Way too many 6300 IP champs.

Garen, great choice for price drop. After recent buffs he's a decent pick now. Maokai, not that popular but a good tank/jungler who's great in teamfights. Good choice there. Caitlyn... HA HA HA. No surprise there, you make her free every 2nd week basically. She should be 450 IP imho but since she's a newer champ that would be too drastic obviously.

Nice to see the RP drop for Cait and Maokai too, but are you going to adjust the RP of all the 4800 IP champs to follow suit?

Lastly, the RP cost of 4800 IP champs should be more like 745 RP to be proportional to the RP cost of 6300 IP champs. Basically a lot of players only spend RP on 6300 IP champs to make it "worth" it. Making the RP cost of 4800 IP champs closer in proportion to the more expensive counterparts would encourage more players to buy/spend on those champs as well.

These changes would benefit both your business and the players.

Echorion

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2 View Post
Try budgeting better?

Seriously, if you can't afford a $100 at any given time, you have serious financial issues.
Once again, this is not required. I'm asking you to please stop, my income is not something that give you the right to harass me, even if that was the situation.
I have back up funds, emergency exceptions, or even credit card if I wanted to. However I don't want to take these routes, it's called responsibility. I know how to properly budget.

Burungeru

09-04-2012

My biggest concern doesn't come from the IP/RP costs associated with champions as much as it does the IP costs of runes and rune pages in relation to the amount you gain. In respect to rune pages, money offers a very high outlet of power for people with money to spare for it. I've been using two runes pages on my accounts forever, and they're so generalized that I can't play certain champions optimally, like Galio or junglers, because I may needed as AP or AD carry. It's nice that the two pages will work for everyone, but I'd still be at a pretty big disadvantage compared to someone who had just one more page than I did set up for maybe tanks. It's more noticeable on my other 30 alt, where I have an AP page and Akali page, which are almost the same, but require modifications because of Akali's nature. If I get stuck playing as AD, I'm almost forced to pick one with some AP scaling, otherwise I gain nothing at all.

EFG

09-04-2012

Ezreal, Kog'Maw, Vlad and Cassiopeia are older then both Caitlyn and Maokai and still 6300. Renekton is older then Maokai and still 6300.

Why Caitlyn?. Why Maokai?. Why are there 6300 ip priced champions that are more then 2 years old?.

HM2

09-04-2012

Quote:
Once again, this is not required. I'm asking you to please stop, my income is not something that give you the right to harass me, even if that was the situation.
I have back up funds, emergency exceptions, or even credit card if I wanted to. However I don't want to take these routes, it's called responsibility. I know how to properly budget.

No one is harassing you. YOU brought YOUR income into the public view, and I told you that you should budget better.

Don't get so defensive because you know I'm correct.