Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashesofanangel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

I also think it would be awesome to have a reward tier of sorts for RP purchasers, it would be all the incentive needed to purchase more

Duriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

welcome, hippalus

portugalslegend

09-04-2012

Riot take my damn money

Hello 7900 rp

Borand

09-04-2012

So you are the "new leadership" Tryndamere mentioned on the forums a while back...
..Welcome!

Well, the current pricing system is really disheartening for lots of players willing to obtain stuff through only IP. So I have a bunch of questions I want to ask. Please address head on with no vagueness or subterfuge in your responses. We always appreciate these kind of answers

1. Regarding your forums presence:

1.1 First and most serious, how often are we going to be seeing you on the forums?
1.2 Will you be available to talk with us from time to time or will you only be available whenever you inform us on changes/announce sth?
1.3 Will you only be posting on the NA forums?
2. About new champion pricing:
2.1 The current norm is that all champions are released at 6300 IP. Will we be seeing champions with release prices lower than that, perhaps even with the price of 3150IP or lower?
2.2 If yes, will they be an exception or will they as well be a norm?
3. About current pricing values:
3.1 Will the prices remain as 450-1350-3150-4800-6300? Will there be an intermediate zone of -let's say- 2250, 4000 or sth like that or will stay as it is?
4. About champion IP reductions:
4.1 How often will we see champion IP reductions?
4.2 Will we only be seeing changes like the current ones on the 6300 zone, were champions drop from 6300 to 4800 or will we be seeing the more desirable ones of 6300 to 3150?
4.3 Will summoners be given back IP whenever a champion they own gets price nerfed or not?
5. About rune pages:
5.1 Will the number stay at 2 or will it increase accordingly with the new champs that have been released?
5.2 I know you talked about it briefly, but can you give a bit more information about what you are planning to do with them or is it something not yet decided?
6. About IP gain:
6.1 Is there any more information that you could provide us with regarding *possible* changes to it or not yet?
7. About the champion availability:
7.1 Is champion rotation under your jurisdiction/scope?
7.2 If yes, as the champion roster grows the number of champions in champion rotation is proportionally decreasing. Will it be expanded to include new champions or will this be outweighed by the new pricing? I don't mean to incline anything here, it is an amazing feature that helps lots of players and especially newbies, and people that want to gather IP for other uses.
8. Regarding IP flexibility:
8.1 Currently there are champion sales, but are only available with RP. Will you be adding IP sales as well?
8.2 Any hopes of seeing an option that allows you to form an IP bundle of your own, and then buy x champions at a lesser IP price?

Well, that's it for the time being. Hope you do respond to this, I believe lots of people would like to finally hear something out on these issues, they have been long unanswered as they are.
Once again, welcome. Thanks for taking your time to share your information with us.!

Bowsersaur

09-04-2012

Hi,

Welcome! Congratulations on the new job. As a player who has been around almost 3 years I've seen a ton of changes, with the huge amount of champions and the cost of those champions all being 6300 it's becoming a larger and larger barrier to entry for new players to get to 30 and then start playing ranked. I believe it would really help people get into the game if the average cost of the champions were lowered to 3150 or 4800(sorry forget the IP costs) or really anything not 6300. I have no idea on the RP costs for the champions but again, probably easier if the average costs were slightly lower.

On to skins. I love skins. It is probably insane how much I love some of the skins. I think I have almost every fiddlesticks skin and I barely even play him. I absolutely love my tundra hunter warwick skin and I play warwick whenever I can. I wish that Riot would make more and more and more and more skins for all the characters! I wish every character had multiple legendary skins, and that they all had multiple taunts/jokes/sayings/idle animations. Having said that, I think it would be awesome if the prices were lowered for skins as honestly, the cost per skin is kind of ridiculously high, I kind of imagine that you guys are rolling in money from the amount you must get from skin sales alone.... anyway and if you could change your skin mid-game! If you could change your skin mid-game I think that would be alot of fun for people so you could rotate through your wardrobe in a single game instead of being allowed to only play 1 skin per game.

Thanks,
Bowsersaur

Glaedren

09-04-2012

Quick tip for you. Double the BASE RP you get for buying during this whole promotion thing, not just the bonus. You guys will make tons more money. As it stands probably only a few hardcores are going to buy the $100 RP, I -personally- know 3 people that would pay the 100 RP price if they got double the base of 13k.

Ditka Da Bear

09-04-2012

I really don't mind how much stuff costs,I've spent alot money in this game so it's no bigee...What I disagree with though is the IP gain it was nerfed awhile back when champions were still released under 6300...Like it makes since longer matches should give you more just didn't like the avg so takes 40-60 minutes gain what you did in 20-30 before.

Ditka Da Bear

09-04-2012

PS,You guys really should have some kinda mass bundle like first 80 champions for X amount... or deals where you get pick out 10-20 champions at a bundled price.

Alex3omg

09-04-2012

Glad to hear about RP price reductions.

Personally I wish any champ more than a year old would be 4800 or less. The 6300 price point should be reserved for new champions, end of story.

I hate that champions cost the same as skins. I wish they were each 520 or w.e. And really I hate that all RP costs make it so you need to buy more RP... that is, you can't just buy 975 can you? You should be able to buy it in 500's and everything should be priced to match. 500 for cheap stuff, 1000 for normal. Then you just buy the amount you need (though bonus RP is nice, and doesn't really apply)

My issue is, when you see something that's "about ten dollars" but you have to spend 15 to get it. Baww..

IntuitionaL

09-04-2012

This is a rare chance so I appreciate you taking questions.

I was wondering since you don't want to sell power to RP buyers, would you consider IP boosts as power? This is because with IP, you can buy runes pages along with runes which is in a sense giving you more power in the game.

Also it seems a lot of people want more bundle varieties. Although I'm not really one of them, I still think the bundle choices aren't really updated so much besides of course the new champion + skin bundle. But what I'm referring here is specifically the huge champion bundles.

Would we see any more variety of these?