Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poeta Somnium

09-04-2012

Hi Hippalus!

You're pretty bogged down with questions already, so I just want to say.....

"Hi Hippalus! Welcome! Your avatar is the shiz."

Real talk.

The Dork

09-04-2012

Hi. I have a question about this:

2) Players who support Riot by buying and spending RP should be rewarded with additional customization and be able to leverage their time more effectively. It is not cheap to support the most played game in the world, hire the best game dev talent, and release new content and functionality every week, and we are grateful to those who help us make that happen.

I recently emailed support to inquire about how much money I have spent on the game. To my surprise, I found out that I have spent 1450$ That in itself doesn't bother me. What did, was I asked if maybe as a token of thanks from Riot, they could maybe throw me an old skin thats not available anymore, something like hockey Jax or Pax Jax, I started playing well after hocley Jax was released. This irked me a bit, but certainly did not sour me on the game, I've since bought RP after the email any ways. Do you think this is to much to ask for?

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

The champion IP reductions were very long in the waiting (last ones were in April) and are very, very much appreciated.

Thank you for dropping us a line, and I hope you continue to enjoy the work you do for the community.

SlurpinG

09-04-2012

So if I had one of those champions prior to the price reductions, like Garen or Caitlyn, for example, would I be able to get a refund on the difference of ip?

Isochronous

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowballingGirls View Post
-
-
- Still nobody forces anybody to buy RP or skins - you can unlock all the champs for IP and play with their default skins.... Selling RP is a totally viable and logical solution to earn money in a f2p game - You can't expect to do all that work for free "just for the fans"....
Exactly, I wasn't complaining that the content costs too much, I would do the same exact thing if I made decisions at Riot, I would probably price the content even higher. The point I was trying to make is that you shouldn't get sucked into the whole "we do everything to make our players happy" mantra, which is, and never will be true.

Isochronous

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunk Patrol View Post
I make a 6 figure salary and I don't even work at riot!
High- Five for da moneys.

SilverElixer

09-04-2012

Son of a lich just bought RP before this GG hate my life sometimes.

Bluydee

09-04-2012

Garen 450?

He is now the most efficient top to main.

Iblizzio

09-04-2012

Hi Hippalus!

A lot of people are not satisfied with IP gain currently. Do you think implementing +% of IP after several victories in a row will help? For instance, after 3 victories in a row, at next one you will gain +10-15% IP.
Just a thought.

Xesante

09-04-2012

Holy hellzorz. Dat rp from the $100.. Wish I could do something with prepaid cards, but oh well.

Glad to see this. Ty Storeguy! Long live Hippalus!