Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Survex

09-04-2012

I know this isn't about champions, but my concerns are about runes. I feel like runes should be purchasable with RP. I know Riot had the stance that they do not sell power, which makes sense. I myself feel like runes are necessary to play ranked and in most cases needed to master a champion according to the playstyle you want.

I can think of other alternatives like increasing IP gains to make runes more accessible or altering rune costs to make them easier to get. I feel like when I first started or made a smurf a big issue I had personally was; I had to buy champions or runes with IP once I hit 30 to commence ranked play.

TLDR: What about the revisiting the idea of purchasing runes with RP, or altering the costs of runes via IP or creating faster IP gains through play to make runes easier to obtain.

LaVache84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Is there any chance we could get a super small amount of RP (1-2) per win in order to alleviate those times when you're a very small amount of RP short of buying a skin that's on sale? I realize your terrible RP sales increments are in place to maximize your profit, but this small change would probably bring about more good will than loss of money.

Invictrix

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgo View Post
Joy...
Oh **** I just messed that up the police officers name is Jenny.

Crusty Tha Clown

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
you're on crack if you think the people at riot make 6 figure salaries and have 6 figure bonuses

I make a 6 figure salary and I don't even work at riot!

NeoSprtacus2

09-04-2012

I find it appropriate and adorable that your picture is the shopkeeper.

2 Swainz

09-04-2012

Hello Hippalus!

I was wondering if you have considered lowering the prices of Rune Pages? 6300 for a rune page seems a little bit excessive when you are only given two and they are essential to have.

I made a somewhat comical thread about the pricing of rune pages yesterday, and many people seem to be in agreement with me: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2543883

Agg

09-04-2012

This information probably can't/won't be made public, but I wonder what % of RP goes to new champs vs skins. Release day combos muddy the waters, but I'm sure there's someone at RIOT who could make a good guesstimate.

Anyway, the point I wanted to bring up is that has there been any though on reducing champion pricing so that skins would be a bigger revenue driver? I.E. - Let's say that champion prices were reduced to an average of 1350. How would skin sales increase from more champions being available for people to buy skins for? How would the bottom line be affected from what I suspect would be less RP spent on champion purchases in that scenario? Would future profits be higher since any future skins would have a larger target audience (people who own the champion)?

But yeah, that double RP thing looks enticing. I also like the idea of more bundles because I do want to own every champion one day, but that will be expensive in both time and money.

byrdman77

09-04-2012

Hi Hippalus,

I know you probably won't get the chance to answer this, but any chance we could get some customizable bundles? I hate buying bundles where I already own half the champs, but would appreciate if I could get a bundle allowing me to choose 4 6300 IP champs or something like that. It could have a higher price than say 4 3150 IP champs but still a discount from buying them all in RP individually. Just a thought!

Haldex

09-04-2012

I bought three $25 RP cards yesterday, can they give me the RP bonus thing?

Tortferngatr

09-04-2012

Alright--time for some questions on NON-SR modes!

Do you think you could please look at the Dominion IP gains? It seems as though, despite the small IP bonus from the mode, that it's more IP-efficient to play SR (losing SR in some cases resulting in more IP than an average Dominion win.) Do you think you'd be willing to tinker with the IP gains Dominion (and perhaps Twisted Treeline) gives out?

Additionally, do you think you could greatly increase the IP rewards for draft queue Dominion? It seems as though Draft queue is dead. (I'm average, and my queue time estimates are over 20:00 now!) While part of the issue is that there isn't a queue dodge penalty on Dominion draft (something I would really hope you bring up to the other reds!) which allows people to effectively dodge whenever they are outbanpicked on a mode with over 6 potential game breakers, part of the issue is the sense that nobody else is going to play.

It seems like an IP stimulus, in conjunction with a draft queue penalty (to ensure that people don't insta-dodge if the enemy team has a Kassadin/Lulu/Jayce/Jax/Yorick--basically making sure that people actually get to play Draft queue,) would be the perfect way to revitalize the queue. Would you please consider it?

In general, would you use extra-IP promotions to help ensure a supply on players on underplayed queues? Again, Twisted Treeline could use some love--perhaps you guys could reinstate Twisted Treeline draft and have all TT give extra IP gains?

On a side note, would you consider letting Proving Grounds custom games trigger First Win of the Day? It sure beats bots for that purpose!

Finally, think you'd be willing to look at per-win IP boosts on each mode? It feels like I'm shoehorned into playing SR for 15 or so games until I've used my boosts up--and given that 10-win IP boosts have been a common compensation for flaws in service (such as the July fiasco,) it seems reasonable that it shouldn't feel shoehorning to take full advantage of that reward, no?

Thank you for making this thread--we all appreciate it!