Anivia Tips For Improving My Gameplay

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gundamned

09-04-2012

Hey, I recently bought Anivia as I main AP mids. I've read Solomid guides and watched youtube videos.

But, do I build glass cannon with her? I have been going for Athenes Unholy Grail and Archangels Staff so far.

I know about double hitting with my Q, but it's hard as I usually use it on an angle in mid, and then use E. Also, the enemy mid always runs when I try and get close to use R->E combo. So I have to use my Q first.

Any tips besides those? What do I build? Positioning? I have ganked a few times as Anivia, and those were FUN. My wall and Q just stops them instantly. Does Anivia roam much like Ahri?

Thanks in advance

iDpark

09-04-2012

For the R + E combo, If you have fast fingers, Shoot E first, and then place R. Use the wall for ganks or when getting ganked.

I build, Me personally, grail + Wota for infinite mana + infinite hp. LOL

You can use the wall to set up your Q.
Some people build RoA with her, for lane sustain. try getting better with last hitting with anivia,
It's hard, but you can then use the mana to harass lane opponent.

Eggochiggo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Honestly, my build always goes by how the game is going, some people really like to take Grail first, but I like a ryze early build getting tear -> ROA. After RoA if I am getting focused I'll get Zhonyas. If I'm not getting focuses I'll get rabadons then finish AA staff and have 600 + ap.

Honestly if you know you will get every blue I can see Grail/Zhonya's/GA being really powerful. If you die with all that the rest of your team should still be able to clean them up.

nubediver222

09-04-2012

Personally, i find you can hit most mids if you are patient with your q, harass a couple of times with it and learn your opponent's tendencies, such as whether they tend to dodge left or right or up or down, to land the q on people who are expecting it you need to be able to lead them properly. Personally, i tend not to build grail on her, i know many of you are going to dismiss me right here and i don't know the math behind it but i tend to start boots/pots for better q positioning and then stack doran's. I have found that after a while of playing her with proper mana management you can keep your mana at an acceptable level, even more so if your jungler is able to give you blue. As far as lane positioning goes, you can play aggressive while you have your egg but you are not unkillable, don't overextend too much and use the egg as a backup plan, if you get ganked most junglers will be able to pop your egg and then kill you through it because you are in it for a fairly long time. As far as the rest of the build, usually i rush hat, anivia is actually a fairly bad tear stacker so i tend not to build it on her. After that, i build tanky ap, a Zohnya's can go a long way towards not getting bursted down through your egg late game, so can a Banshee's.

I hope that helps a little