A challenge to the REDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
The best part about Darius in Dominion is that he's the one champ they've admitted is toxic, team-unfriendly and anti-fun, and that they said they're going to rework.
Agree with this bit - I recall seeing riot posting they were putting Darius in for a bit of a rework THE WEEK HE CAME OUT.

The problem I have with Darius is you're not dueling him to the death, *you're* dueling him to the death whereas he's dueling you to 500-1k hp depending on how far the game's progressed.

Oh, and he decreases your attackspeed in case you have a chance of winning -__-

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Jax don't give a **** about no Durrius.

Phourc

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazdek View Post
Jax don't give a **** about no Durrius.
What? I've never beaten a good darius in a duel with jax, which is messed up because jax himself is already overpowered on this map precisely because he is so damned good at dueling.

CraGunner

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawNuff View Post
too much QQ in this thread. Out of our top 4 champions, 3 are looking more and more problematic for SR. Jayce and Lulu are both having strong showings in tournaments, and as players get better at them, its becoming clear that they have too much strength compared to weaknesses (I would mention Yorick, but he isn't played in tournaments since he never makes it past bans). Darius is a known problem, and is on the list for a fix which will probably come fairly quickly since he is the most complained about champ since Tryndamere.

No idea when Kassadin will get a stronger nerf since he isn't played at a banworthy level in SR play. But IMO we are complain about our balance way too much. Most of the champs we say are OP GAME BREAKING NERF NAO are either already slated for a nerf or just universally too strong throughout both modes. Current draft mode already has enough bans for me to get out the champs that piss me off, but even in blind, I never feel like a game is OMGUNWINNABLE just because there is an enemy Kassadin. Now if only draft were playable...
Of course there's too much QQ in this thread. It's a QQ thread!

The problem with your argument is that you are directly comparing SR with Dominion, which you just can't do. I don't find Darius OP at all on SR, just annoying to have on either team. It's the Dominion gameplay that makes his kit game breaking. Additionally, I rarely play draft mode Dominion because games take way too long to find, but I almost always play draft in SR. In this situation, dismissing OP champs like Darius or Yorrick or Kass because they CAN be banned is doing everyone a disservice. Especially since newbies can't play draft and generally won't know how to counter certain champs, so they will be getting pubstomped by the newest op champ every game they play.

mtnduman

09-05-2012

The problem here is that no matter what you do some champs will be inherently stronger than others. If you nerf all the top tier champs down poeple will soon just find the next best thing. When that happens a new round of nerfs will need to be sent out to deal with those complaints.

Just think about Nunu. Was he a problem before one person found a way his kit could dominate bot lane to counter what was current meta bot laners? No. Is he a problem now that everyone knows this? Maby, but that's what happens in games like this. You form a meta and then someone finds a flaw or nich that counters said meta.

lbgsloan

09-05-2012

Actually, Nunu was a problem in all game modes shortly after they rebuffed him and people realized oldschool obnoxious unkillable Nunu was back in full force. Nunu bot on Dominion didn't take off until they slashed the CD on his OMNOM.

It doesn't matter with bruisers though, Riot finally admitted many of them have been intentionally overbuffed; and only now have they finally realized the full damage it has done to the game. The fallout is just worse on Dominion, where the mana regen aura removes the only real weakness many of them have on SR, not to mention the extra 12% apen. Sure is fun fighting a Jayce bot who never goes OOM.