Update failed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SleepyDeath

09-03-2012

i keep getting a message that reads:

update failed
unspecified error occurred. please check the logs for more information.

i tried to 'repair' the problem that didnt work, so i uninstalled and reinstalled, still, getting that message.

What does this mean and how can i fix it, please help me.

MoonLiteNite

09-03-2012

I seem to get this with EVERY update, very annoying.
Not sure what is causing it. But the sure fire fix is to just delete the game and do a fresh install.

Although the last time I just stopped the update, then restarted it and it fixed it. Generally that doesn't work for me.

And same as you, repair doesn't work, it actually takes longer to "repair" then to just download again.

Not sure of the cause of the problem.

Glaximas

09-03-2012

simular problem with the latest august patch... many people are havin same problem... riot needs to get to work to help us out soon

SleepyDeath

09-03-2012

thanks guys, ill try to reinstall. hopefully it works

if anyone else has any thoughts please chime in, it would be much appreciated

Glaximas

09-03-2012

I have re-installed many many many times... still gets an error at the same spot every single time =( i miss leagues....

SleepyDeath

09-03-2012

wow, all it took was to unsintall the program, delete all lol files, and then re install.... is this supose to happen riot? i mean, ive been out of town for 2 weeks and havent played, im sorry, but wow, making me reinstall, is this just a test to see if i like the game? honestly, i liked it a lot more before i had to spend 2 hours reinstalling and then another hour updating

oops, did i say one hour updating? because im actually on minute 90 right now and there is still more to dl. christ i actually have a good connection, i cant believe how ****tttty it is for those who only have decent connections

Glaximas

09-03-2012

mine wont even patch if i uninstall or anything... its completely screwed up.... your lucky that you can play it many of us cant still..

Glaximas

09-04-2012

bump... please help riot..

Johnbie123

10-22-2012

When I reinstall the first time it works, but on the second game it doesn't work. Hope next patch will help....

Johnbie123

10-23-2012

if you opend your league of legends folder, there are two launchers: "lol.launcher" and "lol.launcher.admin".
I launched the "lol.launcher.admin", and it worked! try that.