How to play Lulu in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZehNetoBR

09-04-2012

I often go for Magic Pen marks, armor per level seals, CDR glyphs and Movement Speed quints. More often that not, it works quite well, since you'll still be dealing more magic damage than physical. Seals for enduring more punishment from all sorts of physical attacks, while glyphs are to spam skills more often. Last but not least, Movement speed quints are great for when you need to reach that turret being capped, that enemy trying to escape and the ally struggling to survive a 3v1 takedown inside your turret.

HaIfhearted

09-04-2012

You want to be as bulky as possible, so go 9/21/0.
The way shes usually built, Lulu gets most of her damage from m.pen, so there's no point in putting more than 9 points in offense.

M.pen reds
Health/level or Armor yellows
MR/level blues
Movespeed quints (real original choice here, herp derp)

Judas Priest

09-04-2012

Lulu is soooooooo slow, those movement quints are really necessary. This tank rune setup worked better than an AP rune setup for me, thanks. I'll try the tank masterie setup too... where should I distribute the points?

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
Lulu is soooooooo slow, those movement quints are really necessary. This tank rune setup worked better than an AP rune setup for me, thanks. I'll try the tank masterie setup too... where should I distribute the points?
I don't entirely see eye-to-eye with the above item builds (you spend way too much gold on mana and AP in Athene's to be worthwile for a champ who doesn't drink that much mana and uses AP poorly. Once she has Glacial she's fine.), but masteries are easy.

9 in offense go to Summoner's, 3 AD (not a typo, she scales so poorly with AP & you should get enough AS that she gets a lot of auto-attacks in), 4CDR, 10% mpen. Even if this CDR shifts you *slightly* past 40% by endgame, having more early game helps a lot.

21 in Defense are simply the basic dominion tank: max mr, armor, health/lvl, health, MS, % damage taken, the last one. Distribute your last few points to AoE or CDR/lvl depending on how much CDR you're planning to build (when in doubt, build to slightly over instead of slightly under 40%, but don't get past about 43%).

Volandum

09-04-2012

Flat damage reduction applies after resistances, and is generally better than % damage reduction in the Def tree.

HaIfhearted

09-04-2012

Look at my 4th mastery page, and just copy it ^_^

Oh yeah, my name is spelled with a capital "i", not an "L".

Judas Priest

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMeta View Post
I don't entirely see eye-to-eye with the above item builds (you spend way too much gold on mana and AP in Athene's to be worthwile for a champ who doesn't drink that much mana and uses AP poorly. Once she has Glacial she's fine.), but masteries are easy.

9 in offense go to Summoner's, 3 AD (not a typo, she scales so poorly with AP & you should get enough AS that she gets a lot of auto-attacks in), 4CDR, 10% mpen. Even if this CDR shifts you *slightly* past 40% by endgame, having more early game helps a lot.

21 in Defense are simply the basic dominion tank: max mr, armor, health/lvl, health, MS, % damage taken, the last one. Distribute your last few points to AoE or CDR/lvl depending on how much CDR you're planning to build (when in doubt, build to slightly over instead of slightly under 40%, but don't get past about 43%).
I did excatly what you did, this is the result:

http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/130...00000000000000

And concerning what you said about the items, what would be your full item build and order suggestion?

Mad Suppordle

09-04-2012

I build a bit more support tanky than haIf suggested. I also almost never finish athenes.

boots + chalice + 1hp pot ->
mercs + chalice + aegis

after aegis i get sweeper, frozen heart and either a void or FoN. Then complete athene's. Sometimes zekes rather than sweeper if you team can benefit from.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

build her like you would theemo...seriusly just try it

EMeta

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
I did excatly what you did, this is the result:

http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/130...00000000000000

And concerning what you said about the items, what would be your full item build and order suggestion?
No hp/5. After the dominion aura and no time sitting around, it's pretty useless.

See Zimike for build, he's a better Lulu than I. The exception to that is if you're in low or mid-elo play and your team won't group up enough. In that case you probably want a bit more on-hit than aura. Wit's end is still a great bargain.

I just ran some back-of napkin numbers and it looks like Volandum is right about the flat damage reduction. If you're building mostly defensive items it does turn out better (unless your main concern is someone like Annie or Brand).