How to play Lulu in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

09-03-2012

I've found some Lulu's guide on mobafire and solomid, but I guess their are for Summoner's Rift. So, how do we play Lulu in Dominion?

HaIfhearted

09-03-2012

Highly disruptive tanky CDR support.

Start boots/chalice/pots
Aegis
Mercs/Tabi
Hextech Sweeper
Frozen Heart
Finish Superchalice
Void Staff

After that you get situational stuff:
-Randuins to further shut down enemy melee attackers
-Abyssal to boost allied magic damage
-WoTA if you have multiple teamates who like spellvamp and/or AP
-Zekes if you have multiple guys on your team who like AS and lifesteal

Lulu is an extremely powerful, extremely annoying champion to face in Dominion.
She brings massive amount of cc to the table, and is dripping utility at her edges.

Also, she is frequently banned in the weekly Dominion tournament, and permanently banned against Zimike.

Melvear

09-03-2012

Isn't sweeper+grail+FH a tad overkill in terms of cdr? And considering her E, is it really necessary to go for sweeper? (I realise the active is great, and sometimes you want to E for the shield)

Also, any advice on builds for bot Lulu?

Judas Priest

09-03-2012

Is "super chalice" the "Athena Unholy Grail"? And what about runes and masteries? What do you recommend?

naotasan

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
Isn't sweeper+grail+FH a tad overkill in terms of cdr? And considering her E, is it really necessary to go for sweeper? (I realise the active is great, and sometimes you want to E for the shield)

Also, any advice on builds for bot Lulu?
I usually get about 45%-50% (even though it caps at 40%) because the other abilities from the items are worth having the over kill on CDR. Also, don't take CDR/LV blue runes. Take Magic res per level OR ap per level instead.

Judas Priest

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
I usually get about 45%-50% (even though it caps at 40%) because the other abilities from the items are worth having the over kill on CDR. Also, don't take CDR/LV blue runes. Take Magic res per level OR ap per level instead.
So... does it mean CDR aplies to item's CD too and concerning items, CDR does not cap at 40%, is that it?

naotasan

09-03-2012

Let me put it this way.

You have 35% CDR, why the hell would you buy a sweeper? It's got more CDR right? But let's have a look at the OTHER things it does.

Hextech Sweeper
+40 ability power
+300 health

Unique: +10% cooldown reduction
Unique: Your spell damage grants vision of your target for 4 seconds.
Unique: Covers an area with stealth-detecting mist for 6 seconds, granting vision of units which pass through it for 6 seconds. 60 second cooldown. (1000 Range, 375 AOE estimate).

The unique passive and active are almost good enough alone to buy this item, then it has bonus AP and HP, it's a win win item.

I could do this for every item, but just because an item is going to set you 5% or 10% above CDR cap, that doesn't mean that is now an item you should never buy.

Genericke

09-04-2012

Bind /l to a random easy to hit key.

ZehNetoBR

09-04-2012

Well, I find agressive support Lulu to be the most effective, at least to my playstyle.

I get Nashor's Tooth or Athene's Unholy Grail (usually the latter), Malady, Trinity Force, Mercury Threads and then whatever I need the most, but usually more AP, lifesteal or HP/ HP regeneration. Works like a charm.

The thing about playing her like that is that you get to spam your skills so often and hit so hard with your auto-attacks that you'll seldom find yourself in dire need of anything else.

Judas Priest

09-04-2012

How about runes and masteries?