why i think annie is overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brentfrodo00

09-03-2012

well first off when im playing a bot match (because i'm noobish) i can kill off anyone but annie
she chases with the giant burning teddy bear and that is like a champion itself its like volibear chasin u and u can't get away because annie is shooting fireballs that take like half ur life so i think annie should be a bit less overpowered because i understand annie has low life but i still think she should be a bit less underpowered thanks
please comment
this is my first post tell me what you think thanks
brentfrodo00

TwistWrist

09-03-2012

You lack experience. Shouldn't be talking about overpowered/underpowered yet.

brentfrodo00

09-03-2012

thanks for the commenting so quickly ill be shure to get more experence thanks soo much

Jahoota

09-03-2012

I was forced mid against Annie as Support Janna and I was able to shut her down with my Q. Last game I tried AP mid for the first time with Ahri and did the same. She has a short range on her attacks and has no escape. Knock her health down by poking and then bait her in for the kill. Kill her early do you can out level her and out farm her, she isn't that hard to beat.

The Jade Fist

09-03-2012

She can burst down pretty hard, but if you actually have some hp/ magic resistance you can survive with out much a problem. The problem is that the AI never fails their combos that a good player can do, but most players won't perfectly chain everything in a quarter second like they can.

Annie isn't over powered but she's so weak either. I've seen annies do extremely well as well as fall face flat, depends how well they farm. Another thing bot games don't accurately represent, in bot games, they cheat for gold, and will have way more gold then a real player with that many deaths/ so few minion kills would actually have, so you can be doing really good and they'll still have like 600 AP despite how hard they really should have been shut down early.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-03-2012

@Jade there's also the flipside; they won't have as much gold as a player that's kicking your butt.

Basically, the constant gold for bots makes them predictable, less snow-bally, and more consistent, thus being more beneficial for practice (which is what new players need). If you can stomp all over a bot, you don't really need the practice. It's when you die a bit too much that you need the practice, something that you can't get as easily if they're now 10x as strong as you. Also, having more deaths doesn't reduce the gold you have (unlike DotA, you don't directly lose gold for dying).

(While they do 'cheat,' it's not 'unfair' as your post seems to imply.)

The Jade Fist

09-03-2012

Its just why the bots can some times seam to be more powerful then a player would had they been doing that poorly. As the opener was kinda feeling they were getting owned by annie bot too hard, its probably more due to the extra gold/ god like reflexes and perfect combo chaining rather then the champion itself.

Not saying its unfair, because if they didn't get that extra gold, the bots wouldn't even put up any fight at all.

Shottymaster

09-03-2012

While it is true that Annie can nuke you extremely hard, she has NO escapes outside of Flash/Ghost. On top of that, she has to commit to a fight and if she doesn't kill you, you're free to beat on her and take out a huge hunk of her already-low HP pool.

evilnixon

09-04-2012

Annie has a built in stun that goes off after every 5 skills. You can tell when she has it due to the swirly buff she gets around her. Bot Annies will almost always initiate after 5 stacks and with Tibbers. If she has her buff and is past level six, keep your distance until she wastes her stack on something else. That way, if she does get Tibbers out, you won't be insta-stunned into an Annie full combo. Just turn and get out at that point if you can't tank the damage. After a certain distance Tibbers will automatically return to Annie. You might also look into building some sort of defense as well. Granted, what you build always depends on what champ you're playing.

MaroBaro

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentfrodo00 View Post
well first off when im playing a bot match (because i'm noobish) i can kill off anyone but annie
she chases with the giant burning teddy bear and that is like a champion itself its like volibear chasin u and u can't get away because annie is shooting fireballs that take like half ur life so i think annie should be a bit less overpowered because i understand annie has low life but i still think she should be a bit less underpowered thanks
please comment
this is my first post tell me what you think thanks
brentfrodo00
first of all u have listen for her gigle which means her stun is ready which helps a lot when fighting her.

there are generally two ways two beat her:
-longer range preferably with a root like zyra, anivia, oriana. this way you can farm from a distance and then just root her as she starts coming at u with stun on the ready.
-build health and magic resist. + tenacity boots. rod pf ages and rylais are great to survive her burst.

keep in mind that annie is actually very strong early game so play it safe in the begining