Leaving/AFK

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

13thPlague

09-03-2012

Hey i was just wondering if you left last second from a game, would you be banned? For example the nexus is being destroyed and you left, would you be banned? and would it show as leave or defeat on your match history/ELO. Thank you.

OriginalJack

09-03-2012

I have DC'ed from a game while the nexus was being attacked, I saw the nexus blow up but I never got the "victory!" message. It later showed up as a leave in match history.

Lord Puppy Fury

09-03-2012

You'll only be banned if you frequently leave/AFK and that particular leave puts you over the ban threshold. I've had the game crash the second after we destroyed the nexus, but because I've only ever left once otherwise (power outage) I'm fine.

jerknut2020

09-03-2012

What you want to do is..

Bump this thread in your free time, its about the disconnect bug thats been happening for 7 months now.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1854006

aviraaaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Whether or not you get a leave depends on exactly how long before a match ended you left. Riot hasn't released the exact number, because it doesn't want the feature to be abused.

Banning due to leaves is less about the exact number and more of a ratio, as related to the amount of games you've played. If you've played hundreds of games and only have a couple of leaves, it shouldn't be a big deal. But, if you leave frequently, then you should be worried.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-04-2012

Leaver Buster does use both 'burst leaving' and 'overall leaving.' Even if you played 10k games, I can all but guarantee you'll get banned before you can leave 100 in a row, even though you won't be banned for a single game if you've only played 100 games (same ratio, 1:100). Of course as the person with two many a's said, Riot hasn't released exact numbers or equations that tell anyone how many games they can leavel.

(Basically, try to leave as little as possible, and hopefully you don't need to worry about anything. If you get a warning or the first suspension, then you need to review your situation.)

Time spent idle (afking or leaving only a short amount of time before the game ends) counts as a 'partial leave.'

There is no good reason to leave, only unavoidable ones.

Isamichi

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
There is no good reason to leave, only unavoidable ones.
Pretty much. How it boils down to is people not really being responsible with their IRL life: there are many things that come before a video game and LeaveBuster is tuned to allow this generously. Those that are banned by LeaveBuster clearly abuse the system.

LeaveBuster bans are a hidden way Riot is telling everyone "Please take care of your RL and the details of it before jeopardizing other players plz. ^^ "