Blitzcranks lore...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zagna

09-03-2012

I like how it is simple and yet effective. The story of a robot that develops a mind of his own and even draw forth his own path.

However, there is one hole that i noticed in the lore for quite some time, and i wanted to ask it to you people for your opinion.

The lore never once mentioned how Blitzcrank became the sentient being that he is. There is no way that the chemicals that he was foreseeing caused it, because it would affect the other bots otherwise, unless it only works for his certain model.

Either way, i wanted to see if there is anyone that knows the answer, or at least has a good theory of it.

ThorRush

09-03-2012

I was actually going to write a story partially about this (I think the first part is linked somewhere), where part of the wham line was going to be

Quote:
What do you think Zaun would have done if Blitzcrank could have been replicated, mass-produced, and controlled?
The short answer is, it's a conspiracy. A MAGIC conspiracy.

Alternatively, the "team of doctoral students" (Viktor) was just that good.

Lewpaka

09-03-2012

I don't think that's a hole so much as a reference to a lot of non-League sci-fi material. There are so many novels and stories about the real-life mystery of "when does a machine, if ever, attain sentience?" iRobot, anything written by Isaac Asimov, heck, even the Star Wars books talk about it.

The theory is that when an artificial intelligence is able to not just operate, and learn, but modify it's own code to change what it essentially is that it will obtain sentience. But who knows?

Waafu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

Twitch and Rammus' lores don't mention how they became sentient either. I'm thinking all these incidents may be connected by something they aren't revealing until later.