Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Darius vs. Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayyy

09-03-2012

How does this matchup work? I mean, usually Gangplank does great against people who can't sustain through his parrrley, which Darius can't, but Darius greatly out damages him early on, and is also melee, which may limit him to farming with his parrrley rather than harassing with it, since most Darius's will try their best to keep you from farming.

I guess it's in gangplank's favor, since he can't sustain through parrley, and with jungler ganks its almost certain death?

ElChicoDiablo

09-03-2012

Anyone can sustain ag Gp parley if they go full armor + def masteries.
Whenever I go ag gp I have full farm.

MugRacinette

09-03-2012

Wtf is ag gp?

Thorrage

09-03-2012

Very bad matchup for GP imo. Remove cc doesnt help against Darius (he just grab u and cut u in 2), and his Parrrley have less range than Darius' grab, so everytime Gp gonna try to harass with Parrrley, any decent Darius player will grab him and slash him. And Gp cant beat Darius in melee, as you can guess...

Alumnik

09-03-2012

"You will lose" as gangplank.

Pilige

09-03-2012

GAngplank really sucks right now. Riot destroyed him with so many nerfs

Boku Girl

09-03-2012

Quote:
Thorrage:
Very bad matchup for GP imo. Remove cc doesnt help against Darius (he just grab u and cut u in 2), and his Parrrley have less range than Darius' grab, so everytime Gp gonna try to harass with Parrrley, any decent Darius player will grab him and slash him. And Gp cant beat Darius in melee, as you can guess...

Wat?

His oranges remove Darius's passive stacks.

Mirage91

Recruiter

09-03-2012

If i play gp i go tank masteries and runes. grab regen pendant or pot 5 and either farm with parley or keep upgrading your oranges to troll his ult (eat it before u think you will be ignited if you have to) his slow passive and morale boost should be able to outrun him.

You can "bait" his apprehend and THEN walk away after you apply some stacks as well if pre 6

Pilige

09-03-2012

Quote:
iBeSealClubbing:
Wat?

His oranges remove Darius's passive stacks.

dafuq? no they dont
wow...people really dont understand game mechanics

Boku Girl

09-03-2012

Quote:
Pilige:
dafuq? no they dont
wow...people really dont understand game mechanics

Yes it does, just like QSS removes them.