Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

2 bottom 3 top - thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sugarcrotch

09-04-2012

when i first played dom when it came out thats what the meta was i dont play it much anymore and dont know when it switched to 1 bot

hinderlopen

09-05-2012

the 2 bot 3 top depends heavily on both teams' compositions, i'm going to suggest you don't rely on it for blind pick. Once ranked/draft come around, you can decide with your last few picks which strategy you want and it'll be a much more viable strategy. In my experience, 2 bot 3 top has been a last resort, when top is impenetrable and the enemy bot is terrible 2v1. It has worked with a huge variety of duos and for me has happened most with a riven or fiddlesticks down there.

If you want to START 3 top and 2 bot, that's much more risky and i think it's not viable vs most bot laners. the 3v4 is practically giving the enemy the windmill, fairly quickly, and if the enemy bot is smart they'll be able to escape a gank and fend off the small push until someone from top comes to help (sped up by how fast they can take windmill)

xPainx

09-05-2012

I actually made us win a game by doing 2 bot and 3 top playing Orianna paired with Diana. I would place my ball at their bottom ramp for extra dmg and also so i would know exactly who is entering the battlefield without allowing anyone to sneak through via Fog of War.

Even though im last and my score doesn't show it (most skilled players understand this) me and Diana held bot sooo long vs 3 and sometimes 4 enemies that we gained a 300 point lead. You can even see in the screenshot that the enemy was even asking why we left bot cuz we started actually losing cuz my team didnt work well with me top and i was actually better off going bot with Diana and helping her out. This strat obviously works out with certain Comps/Champions. But i think if your doing this strat that your top players should be more focused on defending your mid and bot instead of trying to push to top. But if the enemy team rushes your mid OR bot. Then just have 2 players rush top and 1 player hide in the bushes. Its easier to explain on vent etc.