2 bottom 3 top - thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaylanderX

09-03-2012

Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate the input. So if I understand correctly, probably won't work because: really difficult to hold the opponent's cap point next to their spawn vs the cap point equally distant for both teams; if they have 1 person who can use the tower to hold off a 2 person attack then you're doubly screwed; and 2v2 can be a boring stalemate.

Some things to consider about strategy that I hadn't thought of - much appreciated.

Scyhn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

I play bot very often and i really like it. It's like most people can't see how much fun there is in bot with the adecuated champs.
On topic: i think a gank every now and then it's really good, but i don't know about 2 in bot all the time.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROSEPHIROTH View Post
What CAN work (and I've done this before several times with very aggressive champions like Xin who have a powerful gap closer and CC) is sending one bot and having another person gank bot IMMEDIATELY after the match starts. Kill bot and cap bot, then the ganker goes top.

Works best if the 3 remaining people top are very pokey champions like Ezreal or Jayce who can stall for a long time at little risk to themselves.
This sounds like a good strat for a premade.
As long as you don'' t keep 2 bot i think we all know how 2 bot usually works out ( you lose windmill)
This all brings me to thoughts i had a while ago about a roamer in dominion some one with high movespeed and speed 5 boots and decant ganking power
Ive played hec like this before its almost like he was made for this job in dominion sinds he's so much better at this than at jungling in sr
Like shiv HD says : sonic critt boom!!!

meta maybe .. 3 top 1 bot one roamer, top with poke and cc , usual strong bots and a roamer kinda like a jungler in sr
there are so many champions with skill sets that fit a roamer role

WaylanderX

09-03-2012

Roamer is a pretty cool idea depending on team comp

DiscworldDeath

09-03-2012

That's why at some point the games often become 1 bot and 4 roamers who move around together and try to kill anything they come across, then when they have a numerical advantage press points.

FDA

09-04-2012

Had a couple games recently against people who tried this. First game revive garrison held the tower, second game they were too obvious and never got the chance. In both cases they lost too much initiative at top and too much farm at bottom to ever catch up

ElevenOfClubs

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROSEPHIROTH View Post
What CAN work (and I've done this before several times with very aggressive champions like Xin who have a powerful gap closer and CC) is sending one bot and having another person gank bot IMMEDIATELY after the match starts. Kill bot and cap bot, then the ganker goes top.

Works best if the 3 remaining people top are very pokey champions like Ezreal or Jayce who can stall for a long time at little risk to themselves.
This is why Revive is mandatory for bot laners.

If you go through your revive holding bot, your team should be able to win the 4v3 top handily, and be able to hold it long enough to send someone to support bot.

I'm not saying a 3/2 strat can't work (particularly if you can stop them from capping in the first place, or if the enemy is squishy enough to really and truely instagib), but I don't think it's optimal.

What I might recommend instead is sending a fast champion, e.g. Rammus, Ziliean or ideally your bot champ e.g. Jayce or Nunu through the fog of war to prevent them from capping their bot, and then having whoever caps your bot run up to the windmill fight so that your holding a 2:1 cap advantage during the windmill fight at the cost of having one of your team-mates late to that party.

Of course, if they do send someone bot to assuming you're doing a 3/2 play, your speedy champ can gtfo, while still forcing a 4v3 top.

onDuBz

09-04-2012

2-3 bot lane is pro if you're trying to lose.

Aroyok

09-04-2012

I was on a short-lived Dom team that tried to break the meta. We had a pair of friends top, me and another bot, and a great guy "jungling" Nocturne. The pair up top usually ran a super-support and a hypercarry(something like Janna+Vayne), and on bot we experimented with several things. Long story short, we stomped the snot out of every random team we fought...but then matchmaking put us against Sauron and his friends.........zzzzzzz

So, as fun as it sounds, 2 bot does NOT work, for all of the reasons listed above. To emphasize why I think it's bust - it is virtually impossible to hold the enemy bot or mid, and if you can, they can just walk around that point and "backcap" you.

Sidenote - Something fun I try these days is taking a champ and cutting off the enemy mid at the start of the game. If you kill them then you make the top fight 4v3, if they kill you then you just Revive...top fight is 4v4 with one severely injured guy on the other team.

A12MO12

09-04-2012

no