2 bottom 3 top - thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaylanderX

09-03-2012

I love dominion! Action packed and lots of fun. But bottom lane can be pretty stale.

A couple days ago i read a post that mentioned in some games they go 2 bottom 3 top instead of our meta 1 bottom 4 top. And I can't help but think that would be more fun - no more boring solo bottom lane, instead 2 lanes of action. You're either battling 2v2 or 3v3, both of which would be great.

Any thoughts on this? I plan on trying this on my team, which will likely force the enemy team 2 bot, and I can see how the gameplay is actually changed, but curious what everyone else thinks.

TCWA Tigerbite

09-03-2012

But it's so much easier to hold top then it is to hold your opponents bot or mid. You should try sending 5 top and just send 1 bot to break up captures. It's a lot more beneficial.

NamKim

09-03-2012

I'm sure that a lot of people will tell you that it might be bad or it might be good.

I would personally encourage you and your team to try this out yourself and see if it works. Imagine yourselves as researchers, you can look at all the theories and math, but in the end, you still got to make an experiment to see if it works.

I look forward to your results.

urmamasllama

09-03-2012

you are better off just sending one person down to gank every couple of minutes. having two people on your team 100% dedicated to bot is a major hindrance for top

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

This is a valid strategy for premades.

Just make sure you have some slippery pokers at top (like Ezreal) and either strong duelers/pushers at bot. You simply have to pressure bot as hard and fast as you can. My premade also likes to use Zilean and let him pressure their mid so they have to be everywhere at once.

larkhill

09-03-2012

the problem with 2 bot is the purpose behind it. what do u want to accomplish by having 2 bot? do u want to force a 3v3 top and have the game play out the same as it would now? or do u want to actually capture the enemy bot and simply let top go?

both are flawed. if u try to simply create a 3v3 top and a 2v2 bot, bot will simply be more of a stalemate than it already is. 1v1's are generally easy to win if u play right. a 2v2 is much different. if 1 person makes a mistake, the other can make up for it. u will rarely beat a 2v2 outright as hard as u would a 1v1 (unless blitzcrank is involved i guess).

and if u do capture their bot, its very hard to hold it. much harder than holding top. ur going to have a VERY hard time keeping their bot long enough to win the game.

naotasan

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
But it's so much easier to hold top then it is to hold your opponents bot or mid. You should try sending 5 top and just send 1 bot to break up captures. It's a lot more beneficial.
Team of six. I like your style.

The problem with 2 bottom and 3 top, is if they send 4 top and their 1 bottom can defend against two people, you're going to lose top and only have two points. Unless you can pull it off successfully (such as a perfect gank) then it's really hard to pull off 2bot 3top

lbgsloan

09-03-2012

As much as I'd like to see some variety, Larkhill is correct. Trying to take the enemy bot and holding it is simply much harder than holding windmill. Ganking and taking bot to temporarily take pressure off windmill makes sense, but planning to hold it and win like that? Probably not happening. It can also backfire horribly if the enemy has a stalemate bot who can hold off the duo. Your top team will get crushed, the enemy gets an XP and gold advantage, team morale gets destroyed, and recovering becomes nearly impossible.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

3 top will lose 9 out of 10 times .. just think , how many times have you had an afk and it cost you the windmill

BROSEPHIROTH

09-03-2012

What CAN work (and I've done this before several times with very aggressive champions like Xin who have a powerful gap closer and CC) is sending one bot and having another person gank bot IMMEDIATELY after the match starts. Kill bot and cap bot, then the ganker goes top.

Works best if the 3 remaining people top are very pokey champions like Ezreal or Jayce who can stall for a long time at little risk to themselves.