Champions That Were Nerfed/Buffed Hard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TommySparkle

09-03-2012

Can anyone give me a list of champions that were nerfed/buffed hard?
I was looking at some older videos and guides and I realized that some champions aren't the same anymore.
I want to know some of the champions that have been changed and are no longer the kind of champion they used to be.
Thanks

I know one was gangplank

NovaAsterix

09-03-2012

Irelia and Xin are two classic examples of nerfed.

Urgot was gutted recently too.

TehomCD

09-03-2012

Jax, Kayle, Tryndamere all used to scale much, much harder than they do now, and are substantially different now, though Jax and Kayle are still pretty good, and Tryndamere is good situationally. Similarly, Twitch and Evelynn were completely remade, and Katarina and Garen received partial remakes/touch-ups. Vlad's been toned down/changed from how he used to be too, for similar reasons to Jax and Kayle, though is still very strong. Ryze received a complete remake a while back, which made him a lot stronger than his original form - he's been nerfed quite a few times since, but is still good.

In general, they try to preserve the feel of a champion when they remake them, and mostly change ones that are problematic from a fun standpoint (Twitch and Eve's stealth mechanics were causing a lot of damage in low level games), or ones with power curves that make them unviable for high level play but snowball too hard in low level play.

Irelia has been nerfed so many times that 'better nerf Irelia' is a meme. She's still strong, which is the really funny part.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-03-2012

'Nerfed hard' is because someone was severely OP. 'Buffed hard' is because someone was super UP. There were also reworks that were either buff, nerf, or neither.

Basically, don't worry about where champions stood in the past, just play those you enjoy.

quirKed

09-03-2012

Diana just got everything nerfed. Also riven and vlad have enjoyed heavy nerfs in the past.

ArmoredDragonIMO

09-03-2012

I've been playing twitch a lot lately, and in at least two games I've received comments like "don't play twitch, he's worthless because he can only stealth for 8 seconds now, you're just going to drag our team down" only to come out on top at the end with him anyways.

MeltedWater

09-04-2012

Alistar got nerfed twice recently. -_-