What does snowball mean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enygm4

09-03-2012

I'm foreign and I don't understand those kind of jokes

Kreyni

09-03-2012

Commonly used in solo top.

In real life, if you push a small ball of snow down a hill, it will get bigger and bigger until it's unstoppable.

Solo top is a snowball lane, because though both people are on equal grounds (small ball of snow), if you give one of them a push (one kill on the opposing laner), they will keep getting kills unitl they can't be stopped. Because solo top is such a snowball lane, junglers tend to camp it.

Mich567

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreyni View Post
Commonly used in solo top.

In real life, if you push a small ball of snow down a hill, it will get bigger and bigger until it's unstoppable.

Solo top is a snowball lane, because though both people are on equal grounds (small ball of snow), if you give one of them a push (one kill on the opposing laner), they will keep getting kills unitl they can't be stopped. Because solo top is such a snowball lane, junglers tend to camp it.
What he said.
Anyways, there are also Snowball ITEMS such as Sword of the Occult, Leviathan, Mejai's Soulstealer, Bloodthirster, and Warmog's Armor. When you get more kills, you get better stats. Pretty useful when you get fed...

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

In other words, Your first 3 items of every game should be Sword of The Occult, Leviathan, and Mejai's Soulstealer.

DaActionJackson

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
In other words, Your first 3 items of every game should be Sword of The Occult, Leviathan, and Mejai's Soulstealer.
Im going to aim for you every time. No stacks, worse than someone with one PD and a IE

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

Basically what the first reply said, though snowball can apply to any lane really. Hell you can snowball support even if you get a couple early assists and get quick gp 10 items. This is one of the few times I'll start with 3 gp 10 items in my build. Because all game I'm going to have more wards, more money, more oracles, and more items, and being support, my items are often aoe buffs for the team. Aegis, Shurelia's, etc.

Mich567

09-03-2012

Lol, I'm pretty sure having the 3 snowball items first isn't very practical... unless you KNOW you're gonna get fed (maybe if you're a support... not sure about that). In that case, why the hell not? Go for it!