Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"IP Boost Not Enabled" -- why displayed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golux

Adjudicator

11-14-2009

After every game, I see on my IP bar twice the IP I actually gained; the second half, in grey, says "IP Boost (Not Enabled)".

Is that the IP Boost I would have gotten if I'd been in the top 5% (or whatever it was) of Elo during the beta? If so, why is it constantly displaying to me?

Seems kind of like a repeated slap in the face. No need for the client to remind me of a boost I don't have and that I can't get.

Shillen

11-14-2009

You'll be able to buy it in the store when it's up.

Golux

Adjudicator

11-14-2009

Ah, ok. I didn't realize it was a store item. Should say something on the mouseover, I think. And not display at all until the store is up! (Though that last is probably moot, if the store really does come up on the 17th.)

Karrot

11-14-2009

Quote:
Golux:
Ah, ok. I didn't realize it was a store item. Should say something on the mouseover, I think.

That's really good idea, imo.

MaverickXD

Recruiter

11-14-2009

Its obviously put there to make you feel like its missing from you and you should do something to fill that missing space of the IP that should have been there

Solenus

11-14-2009

Quote:
MaverickXD:
Its obviously put there to make you feel like its missing from you and you should do something to fill that missing space of the IP that should have been there

+1

It's a little confusing because the store is down currently, but that's the basic goal of it: to make you feel like you're missing out because you're not currently getting/purchasing the IP bonus.

Tjrevon

09-12-2010

i havent bought anything and i stopped playing for like 9 days and the first match i got about 370 IP. 80 of it from IP boost. the next match. IP boost. and the next one IP boost.

PatMcGroyne

09-12-2010

NECRO nothing to see here

DiggertheBeast

03-14-2012

You have it for free until level 10

ragezombie

01-09-2013

that explains alot