Certain abilities make me lag.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gloomzy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

Hi, since about 2-3 weeks ago, I've noticed that certain abilities would make me lag. Upon further inspection, these abilities actually increase my ping, or appear to: the ping counter in the top right corner goes from a usual ~160 to about 400, then immediately goes back down.

I have noticed this occurs with the following abilities: Jayce's Ranged E (acceleration gate thing) and Zigg's E (Hexplosive Minefield). Edit: Remembered it also happens with Varus' E and reworked Katarina's Ult. It happens no matter where on the map these abilities are used.

Jayce's E is the most noticeable because it happens the most often in game.

My connection is otherwise stable.

Anyone having similar issues or have any idea?

Gloomzy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Gloomzy

09-04-2012

Bump.

Gloomzy

09-04-2012

Bump?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

09-05-2012

Your netalyzr is showing a standard ping around 220ms, which will give you a little bit of a delay and make you more sensitive to other network issues.

More importantly though, your connection is showing extremely limited download bandwidth. Given your reasonable upload bandwidth, it seems to indicate that either something on your line is causing bandwidth loss or someone/something else is currently using a rather large amount of download bandwidth.

This, coupled with a slightly high download buffer will cause spikes like you're seeing when the game requires increased data transfer.

Gloomzy

09-05-2012

Thanks for the reply.

I'm on campus internet - but this hadn't happened (at least noticeably) until Jayce was released. Why would, say, Jayce's E cause significant bandwidth spikes?

Gloomzy

09-06-2012

Bumping so this can get seen - Note I've noticed it happens also in large scale teamfights. Never used to happen. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2550577 also seems to have this issue.