Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Soo...small update on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jakeoti

09-03-2012

In case people missed it, a few of the designers had a Q&A at PAX, where they actually answered a good deal of questions. One of them was about Dominion/TT.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/09...-and.html#more (http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/09/summary-of-pax-q-w-morello-lyte-and.html#more)

The long and short of it is that RiotNome is working full time on improving those modes. They didn't confirm anything about ranked, but this at least sounds like they are taking steps forward. They admitted that they haven't paid attention to it.

Catnium

09-03-2012

Quote:
[40:15]
Q: Having a lot of rune pages is very helpful to playing different champs/roles. Could we see prices for additional Rune Pages come down?
A: Lyte answered that Riot has done a lot of data analysis and it seems a lot of pro players only have a few and it works out for them just fine. Riot is definitely following this closely and is looking for areas to expand and update. Nothing really new or planned to talk about though.

allot of players only have a few because of the ip/rp prices of those things ...
its not really logical to do a DA on things that cost allot because hurdedurdur ofc allot of people will have only a few and it works out for them because thay have no other choice now do they
Its not "working out for them" they are just "making do "

Reynmaker

09-03-2012

Quote:
Catnium:
allot of players only have a few because of the ip/rp prices of those things ...
its not really logical to do a DA on things that cost allot because hurdedurdur ofc allot of people will have only a few and it works out for them because thay have no other choice now do they
Its not "working out for them" they are just "making do "

Doesn't really make much sense does it ? They said pros, and the majority of Pros are sponsored or have enough money to buy rune pages. They don't because they don't need that much. In all honesty, the meta is pretty straightforward in its teamcomp. How many rune pages do you really need to specialize in one or two roles ?

MMKH

09-03-2012

What I did notice this patch was that if you picked up the storm relic, there is no more lightning sound as soon as you finish channeling to get it. It's a lot more subtle and almost feels like I didn't grab it at all.

lbgsloan

09-03-2012

I can somewhat agree with them on the rune page thing. If you're going to play competitively, it's not unreasonable for Riot to expect you to pay at some point. One page bundle should pretty much be sufficient for most players. For Dominion I feel little need to have more than 5 or 6. I could make use of more certainly, but the differences in the pages would be very minor at that point.

As for Dominion changes, I'm sure we can all agree at this point there's nothing more to be done but wait and see what they do for season 3. We've kept the mode alive as well as we could, it's up to Riot to save it now.

Infirc

09-03-2012

Catnium is right i ahve a friend with 10 full rune pages that he started to get as soonas he hitted 20 and everything is Ip bought since eh doesn't own a credit card and riot cards are not sold at my city/country (well they are sold by resellers at four times their prices) and as a result he has fewer champions than my 20 champions owned.

Archlord Azezo

09-03-2012

On dom, i find it gets really simple for runepages, Extra AP, AP with MS quints, tank with MS quints, bruiser with MS quints.

There may be a few roles that require maybe a dif page, only champ with high ms (mantheon) or maybe ad carrys, but those really just depend.

NamKim

09-03-2012

At this point, we just have to be patient. I'm not tired of waiting for Riot. The impatient people making a big deal about waiting is far more draining. This goes for more than just Dominion or Twisted Treeline.

As for rune pages, I think Lyte's data is not wrong. At high elo, you are probably very specialized in one role. If I have one of the top ten AP Mids on my team, I'm going to have him go AP Mid. And that guy will probably have couple of rune pages but only needs one or two for most cases (assuming his opponents don't do anything crazy).

The important thing is that there is a new guy in charge of managing the IP/RP prices for League of Legends. So, I am expecting some changes to go on.

Personally, I think Rune pages should increase for every rune page you own. An example being, the first rune page you buy is 450 IP, then 1350 IP, then 3150 IP, then 4800 IP, etc. Not necessarily in these numbers, but you get what I'm talking about. That way, buying a ton of rune pages is difficult but getting those few to have a reasonable spread of rune pages is a lot easier now.

Phourc

09-03-2012

Most exciting part of this is definitely the fact that they're working on more items - the items as they stand don't always fit what you want to build. Items like Entropy, Atmas or spirit visage are just strange and make little sense why or when you would want to build them. Fortunately atmas is pretty powerful statwise, but armor + crit = AD? Wat.

NavyGothic

09-03-2012

Hell, I still only have the default 2 rune pages. Optimal? No, of course not... but I like buying champions more than runes or rune pages.