Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Action against players leaving during champion selection?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArmoredDragonIMO

09-03-2012

I know you get a temp (5 minute?) suspension for leaving during champion selection, but if you do it repeatedly can you get a longer term suspension?

This is the third time now where I've picked a champion, and somebody got angry because they wanted that one and demand I switch or they leave. Two out of the three times it's happened I've already been locked, and the other time I refused because the champion I chose was the only one I had the runes properly setup for.

It's really rude of them to do this. Does this go without penalty?

Judas Priest

09-03-2012

The time you must wait before starting another game raises. But don't be so melodramatic, it's estimated that 1 game starts every 10 seconds on average. If someone queue dodge, you'll wait only a few seconds to start another game. Besides, if a persons is trolling and raging in champion selection, would you prefer to wait another 10 seconds in queue and play with other players or would you rather spend the next 20 minutes with that player raging at you? I think in some occasions queue dodging is the less stressful alternative.

LibatiousLemur

09-03-2012

unless its a custom game and people leave during selection a few times and then 7 people leaves your game

Lord Puppy Fury

09-03-2012

Don't be afraid to queue dodge occasionally yourself. If someone is, for example, planning on jungling Lulu, dodge and save yourself a waste of 20 minutes. The jungle Lulu isn't made up - that really happened to me yesterday. This is where lolking is your friend. I looked up the guy who wanted to jungle Lulu, saw that he was 0/3 with her in the jungle, had bad personal stats in those 3 games as well, and decided losing 5 minutes was preferable to 20. If the player's history had shown he was successful with Lulu in the jungle, I wouldn't have dodged because I could theoretically see her working as a so-crazy-it-works type jungler.

TehomCD

09-03-2012

I don't see the point of looking up someone in lolking for normal games. A lot of players at level 30 use ranked to play things seriously, and normal games to screw around or test unusual things. You're way more likely to see someone dodge out of a ranked game than a normal draft if their team is grossly outpicked.

Sock Yourself

09-03-2012

Dodging isn't a terrible thing though, sometimes it is necissary (confusion of 2 junglers, 2 raging adc's etc etc.) Sometimes it is necissary to pick the lesser of two evils and it is better to let them leave or, if they refuse, to leave yourself and wait 5m versus 20m to surrender.

The 5m wait time is punishment enough, otherwise you would be forced to play a game where pride is more important than the team win...

Judas Priest

09-03-2012

I totally agree. Sometimes dodging is a reasonable alternative.

evilnixon

09-04-2012

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it is not punishable. Sure it's a bother, but you're qued up again rather quickly, while the dodger takes a time penalty. As others have said, there are some pretty valid reasons to dodging ques. I've had a few people just immediately start trash talking, making racist remarks, etc. etc. in the lobby with no prompting. Forgive me if I don't want to spend the next 20-40 minutes on their team. As for champ select, are you insta locking? I've found that if I just select a champ and don't lock, usually I can work something out with the team if someone else wanted that champ or the lane I was going to run. However, if I insta locked it (as I used to), then it rubs people the wrong way.

There was one time I watched my friend solo que. The team insta locked four carries and demanded my friend run a nocturne jungler. He didn't dodge the que, as I suggested he do. The resulting match was probably the most painful thing I ever had to watch.