Dominion IP reward is too low

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apollinarius

09-02-2012

Right now, the Dominion IP reward is significantly lower than the SR reward for the same duration game. This is including the extra Dominion bonus.

I am not sure why this is the case, but it's pretty shocking. Playing Dominion right now is somewhere between playing Custom games and playing Co-op vs AI in terms of IP reward. You get less for a loss at 20 min SR game than you get for a 20 min win on Dominion.

Please do something to fix this. I enjoy playing Dominion games because they are fast paced and fun, but now I'm reluctant to do it given how much IP I give up by playing Dominion.

naotasan

09-02-2012

30 minute custom game against bots in SR gives me about 75 IP
20 minute game in pvp'd dominion gives about 65 IP if I win, and 45 IP if I lose.

I'd say it's about right.
But OVERALL the IP gain is kind of poor.

Scyhn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

They wont change it. Slowly they reduced the IP in all the game. The other day i managed to get 6K, bought 3 quintissences and boom, there goes all of it.
It's stupid but, they make you buy champs to compensate the ip i think, at least that's what happens to me.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

This isn't even factoring in queue times

Orphane

09-03-2012

The IP gained per minute of gametime is actually ok compared to SR, but what needs to happen is that you get +1 or +2 IP per minute spent in queue. That's what really kills it for Dominion players.

A Slime Appears

09-03-2012

I'd argue you'd probably average out higher in Dominion because games you are losing (games you get less IP in) will last much less than an SR game, giving more time for more games (and more wins). Whereas in SR a game you are losing likely won't be over until at least 20 minutes have passed and people can surrender.

naotasan

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
The IP gained per minute of gametime is actually ok compared to SR, but what needs to happen is that you get +1 or +2 IP per minute spent in queue. That's what really kills it for Dominion players.
I'd like to believe that's what the Dominion Bonus is at the end of games.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

NamKim

09-03-2012

I hope that this is something Riot will address in the future with their new Director of eCommerce. Since IP is directly related to things that are bought in the store. The IP gain and IP costs must be low enough that players will be happy. At the same time, it must take enough time to gain IP where many players will still be tempted to buy champions through RP. Finding that golden balance is the true challenge.

I would hope that Riot will address this soon. But like I said before, since Season 2 Championship is around the corner, I wouldn't expect anything big until after the championship. IP gains and IP costs in general is something a lot of players are not satisfied with, not just the Dominion community. Although, I will admit that we do have a shorter stick in the pile of short sticks.

Kiddalee

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
It's too bad this isn't feasible. It would make people queue-time farm. That is, read a book or something while waiting for the queue to pop, Accept the match, then AFK after the game loads. That's a lot of IP for a 5-minute loss.

Tortferngatr

09-04-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2546139

hey y'all

Hippalus the eCommerce Director be in the house!

Prepare your questions! Dominion especially!