What's this backdoor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Way2co0l

03-10-2011

Please stop feeding the useless trolls people. I know it might be entertaining to see what kind of utter nonsense they'll try to spew out at us next, it's seriously just a waste of time. The points have been made and it's quite clear to everyone that he's just an idiot so it's not worth humoring him. Please just let his idiocracy end by not feeding it.

Ophie

03-10-2011

Wow, towers win games. Your team were a pack of idiots for yelling at you for helping them get one step closer to WINNING. Solo queue ftw <3.

I wish there were more people like you on my teams, cause I get paired up with obnoxious players like that far too often. What you did was legit.

Piarew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

I haven't looked through all 23 pages, but as someone who's played DOTA since it started on Warcraft 3: ROC, here's the deal.

Backdooring means skipping a forward tower to kill a tower behind it in the lane/base. Some heroes in DOTA would quickly get strong enough to destroy a tower and would run straight for the one at the edge of the base when the two in the lane were still alive and running. Since then, DOTA towers became immune until the tower ahead of it was destroyed. LOL has the same safety protocol against backdooring. Towers are invulnerable until the outermost tower is destroyed.

Backdooring is an archaic strategy that, while effective, was like finding a glitch. That glitch has been fixed. People who still use the term are confused about what it means and why it is bad. Ignore them.

X death121

07-02-2011

I personally backdoor when my team needs it, since i use Master Yi for pvp only, i tend to make full use of him. Although i wait for some minions (since i do it while my team does a 4v5 on the opposite side of the map) so I can destroy at least the last 2 turrets the the inhibitor, but i have at times destroyed the 2 turret near the nexus and the nexus, very fun to do, and makes ya feel like a hero.

TheLoreAxe

07-03-2011

You can make a case for any effective strategy being unfair but the reality is you are better off learning to counter your opponents than complain about their actions.

TsurugiHikari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2011

^You would still need to take out the towers like any other units that is on your team. In sequential order. Sure it's a defined like that now, but it's still a valid strategy whether you have creeps with you or not. At least it wasn't like back then how Piarew described it. That was the true meaning of backdoor.

With that said, I have no idea why this thread was revived.