The TSM Trash-talking Controversy: Pre-match vs Post-match Trashtalking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Teemo World

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-02-2012

dignitas didn't even shake TSMs hand when they came over. trash talking reginald isn't anything new. trash talking is in EVERY sport. reginald made the championship more interesting tbh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Communist Poppy

Senior Member

09-02-2012

There's no difference. People will jump at TSM for anything they can. Most people didn't ***** about TSM's 2-0 video because other teams did very similar things (and some still did). As soon as they were able to differentiate it in the slightest they went right back to doing what they do best.

Maybe the high road would have been acting gracious about the win, but it wasn't a necessity, especially not when Dig wasn't gracious about the defeat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Junmita

Senior Member

09-02-2012

of course there is a difference between pre and post match

the fact that you earn bragging rights. Crumbz literally said that TSM was crappier than CLG and that it was going to be a faceroll.

HSGG directed his taunts towards the audience. all the "so many tsm fanboys in the audience , gonna get 2-0" is clearly a taunt to the audience, And believe me, if there is someone you don't want to mess with, is the audience. People make League of Legends.

So that's ok?

TSM literally STOMPED over dignitas, it was a one-sided game. From minute 0 it was a TSM win, full-fledged unquestionably Win.
And that's what he said, "Easiest finals we have played".

Regi is known for his bold statements, if you even watch his vlogs. I think that after all that taunting just to roll over them 2-0, Regi went WAY too soft on them.

TSM won, yet again. stop being mad


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unknown Menace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
Lots of people are defending Regi's disrespectful comments by saying "OH CLG AND DIGNITAS WERE TRASHTALKING TOO OMFG DOUBLESTANDARDS PEOPLE BE HATING ON TSM JUST COZ THEY TOO GOOD BAYLIFE TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM"

People have to realise there is a difference between Pre-match Trash-talking and Post match Trash-talking

CLG and Dignitas and even Curse.NA ( "ONE TSM DOWN ONE TO GO" - Saintvicious) all trash-talked TSM at PAX. But don't forget that TSM also had their fair share of pre-match trash-talking too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgvGOcuutZM

In this infamous video TSM said they were going to "2-0" everyone and would go jump off the Golden Gate Bridge if they lost a single game. This video was made after MLG Rayleigh, prior to PAX

No-one finds this type of Trash-talking by TSM offensive. Arrogant maybe, but it's the same with what CLG/Dignitas/Curse did at PAX. Pre-match trash-talking is a great way to hype up one's fans while screwing around psychologically with the opponents. It's what happens in professional sports all the time too. Think of Boxing where before major matches there are always clips made where the two boxers trash-talk each other.

However post-game when there is a clear winner and loser, it's often the Winner's job to be gracious about their win. Yes Dignitas were perhaps a bit ungracious about their loss, saying that it was more of their own playing badly that cost them than TSM outplaying them, but it was nowhere near as rude as Reginald basically saying "LOLGGNOOBS" rubbing salt into the wounds of an already very depressed Dignitas team.

TSM already showed their dominance decisively in those two games. They should have just let Dignitas's self-consoling comments slip by and win graciously. It just makes Reginald and TSM look arrogant and cocky and downright dislikable to make such comments

TL;DR CLG/Dig/Curse/TSM ALL had Pre-match Trash-talking and everyone is fine with that but TSM Post-game Trash-talking is rude and Regi should feel ashamed.
This post becomes irrelevant after you mention that video. That wasnt trash-talking..that was them legitimately trolling.

I'm a CLG fan, and I knew that was trolling...can't believe you took that seriously.

Fact of the matter is, dig had more arrogance in the pre-game interview. Scarra's comments post game were just atrocious..and Regi kinda gave him a taste of his own medicine, but because he's first place and won so hard, he gets flak for it. I'm not a huge regi fan, but he played solid those two games..could've chosen his words better, but he was valid in saying what he said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Teemo World

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
It doesn't help that Reginald of all the team members was the one to trash talk when up until this set I'd say he's been the weakest player on the team unarguably for a long time.

The rest of the team that carries him are actually pretty humble or at least playful with their competitive banter.
he raped scarra and every other mid ..stop being ridiculous. he's good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DGGP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-02-2012

This needs out there more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancayzy View Post
According to Scarra and Dig:

1. Reginald isn't even a top 20 mid player.
2. Chaox is maybe top 10 at best.
3. OddOne is a bad jungler
4. Xspecial is good but not best.
5. Dyrus is terrible and can only play a few champs.

Sucks to lose to some team that has all terrible players. Scarra and Dig deserved that comment.

No moar QQ threads now preaze


Bottom line, is if you open your stupid mouth, expect retaliation, even moreso if you can't even begin to back up all the trashtalk in the first place.

Did you even see that last match? It was a freaking roflstomp. Come on now. Would you rather regi LIE to everyone and say the game was challenging, or even good? If so, you're ridiculous. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. Period


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pikachuwei

Senior Member

09-02-2012

No-one is saying that he'd have to say it was a tough match as it was indeed a face-roll

He could have said something like "We won decisively/convincingly"

Even something like "We crushed them with our X tactics and blah blah blah" like how he commented on game 3 of TSM vs Curse (which was a much closer game than Dignitas vs TSM)

Basically stuff that focused on how fantastically TSM played and how good they are.

but saying "Easiest finals evaaaaa" is as much if not more implying that Dignitas were a bunch a n00bs than TSM playing brilliantly

There are a lot of ways to pound your chest after such a great win in the finals but insulting the loser isn't exactly the best way to display your sportsmanship


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pikachuwei

Senior Member

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Menace View Post
This post becomes irrelevant after you mention that video. That wasnt trash-talking..that was them legitimately trolling.

I'm a CLG fan, and I knew that was trolling...can't believe you took that seriously.

Fact of the matter is, dig had more arrogance in the pre-game interview. Scarra's comments post game were just atrocious..and Regi kinda gave him a taste of his own medicine, but because he's first place and won so hard, he gets flak for it. I'm not a huge regi fan, but he played solid those two games..could've chosen his words better, but he was valid in saying what he said.
Refer to earlier about the definition of trash-talking

You say it was trolling but there were definite elements of taunting by TSM towards the other teams, saying stuff like "Playing solo queue would give us more practice than playing against other professional teams" and "everyone else are meh, we gonna own them 2-0". It's basically the same as what CLG/Dignitas eventually went on to do pre-game in PAX

And I'm not ignoring the fact that Scarra didn't give TSM the respect they deserved post-game, but two wrongs doesn't make a right. I agree that Regi could have chosen much better comments than basically "GGEZNOOBS" Considering how Riot themselves view such comments as "anti-fun" and ban-worthy. It's not gonna help if the most popular LoL pro team in the world just says it in front of 100,000 viewers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DGGP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
No-one is saying that he'd have to say it was a tough match as it was indeed a face-roll

He could have said something like "We won decisively/convincingly"

Even something like "We crushed them with our X tactics and blah blah blah" like how he commented on game 3 of TSM vs Curse (which was a much closer game than Dignitas vs TSM)

Basically stuff that focused on how fantastically TSM played and how good they are.

but saying "Easiest finals evaaaaa" is as much if not more implying that Dignitas were a bunch a n00bs than TSM playing brilliantly

There are a lot of ways to pound your chest after such a great win in the finals but insulting the loser isn't exactly the best way to display your sportsmanship
There, you just said it yourself.

He had more sportsmanship for curse, than he did for Dig. You know why? Because Crs EARNED some respect and even took a game, while Dig just choked on a legendary level.

You earn respect in life, it's not a freaking handout. I don't care who you are, or what "team" you belong to. If you talk trash, then play that bad, take your lumps. Next time you'll either not open your mouth while more than apparently having NO right to, or you'll actually put up a good fight instead of just rolling over dead.

That's how competitive nature works. The best get respect, and are expected to continually prove their merit, not ride on their freaking laurels.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyLims

Junior Member

09-02-2012

Atleast TSM, does what they say.