New to LoL and Need Help on choosing a Champion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CommanderPC

09-02-2012

So I just started playing LoL today and don't know where to start really. I don't know what champions to get, especially now that they gave me 400rp randomly. Any advice?

Vinvillivix

09-02-2012

Don't buy champs with rp buy them with ip. Save rp for boosts, bundles, and skins

DaysUntold

09-02-2012

It depends... If you plan on spending money of your own into the game then you can spend it and save up your IP for runes.

You can get Alistar and Tristana for free (look for the thread on the forums to instruct you how.) and beyond that I would play multiple free champions and hope one clicks for you. If one doesn't hopefully you should at least find a role you like to play and can narrow down the champions significantly.

Dewtrocity

09-02-2012

I like to play Ashe, imo buy some of the 450ip Recommended champions as they are generally a good deal for the price, then you can find a role you like to play the most and buy some more champs for it.

CommanderPC

09-02-2012

alright thanks guys.

LowlyingLemur

09-02-2012

You can get by with the free week champions indefinitely, until you find a champion that you love

CommanderPC

09-02-2012

I did the thing for Tristrana and Alistar but they don't show up. :/

CommanderPC

09-02-2012

Also, out of the 450 IP, which are better suited for newbies?

Jurgrady

09-02-2012

Don't spend that RP on a champion, the only champions that you can get for that are super cheap for IP, buy a boost of some kin. I think that you can get a 1 day for that, or maybe like 4 wins or something. If nothing else, save it and get a skin for a champ that you like when it goes on sale.

As for what champs to start with, play all the free ones every week to see what you like. Others have mentioned that you can get a few for really cheap. If your free champs didn't show up re log into LoL and they should be there.

LowlyingLemur

09-03-2012

For the 450 IP all are pretty good but i'd say Ashe and/or Annie are great for beginners