Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Leona Change: Please I beg you!?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iainB85

04-18-2013

Look at his games: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/21888534#masteries

You can see a clear pattern (elder lizard, sunfire cape)

I just tried it in a normal and it was pretty legit. You obviously aren't a mega farmer, but you can camp lanes easily and are second to none in utility for ganks and team fights.

Kind of like a Naut jungle, except one thing I like about Leona over Naut is her ultimate CC is more immediate, and her E is a better gap closer than Naut's hook (don't need line of sight between minions).

Crowcide

04-18-2013

how you feel about mob boots?

shppy

04-18-2013

Quote:
Crowcide:
how you feel about mob boots?

not much of a reason for them. I run ghost, for starters. But there's also little need for BoMs in ganking when your initiation is from 1200 range, and there's no need for their ability to traverse the map if you have decent anticipation.

but that's also an opinion i have on them in general. I run ghost on most melees, so if i need to rush somewhere i can. Other people's views differ, but even so they're not as good on Leona as other similar junglers, simply because she generally can engage from so far away

Crowcide

04-19-2013

Tried a few games as Leona Jungle. It's a lot stronger with shppy's build than I thought leona jungle could be. Still a bit behind naut/alistar/zac imho. I think a 25% passive proc would make her completely viable.

Keitterman

04-19-2013

Try switching to MS quints, since her strength is in her mobility between lanes, these help a lot.

Keitterman

04-19-2013

oh yea, something someone pointed out to me, and it's make my Leona jungle a lot better, is that she only needs blue camp + red camp to be level 3, so if you start:
wolves -> smiteless blue -> red camp, you can just pick a preferred lane and kill it. It's pretty brutal.

MrBoomstickESQ

04-19-2013

Quote:
Great Owl:
That's dumb. Leona is only strong as support and this doesn't buff that state. That's like saying buffing Ezreal's AP ratio's would make AD Ez OP (I realize there are other reasons Ez is hard to balance). Leona is the most artificially limited champion in the game, give her a little wiggle room.

No. Reread it. They think it would make her clear to fast therefore they'd have to nerf something about her which is probably going to be her CC. Therefore weakening her support role.

shppy

04-19-2013

Quote:
Crowcide:
Tried a few games as Leona Jungle. It's a lot stronger with shppy's build than I thought leona jungle could be. Still a bit behind naut/alistar/zac imho. I think a 25% passive proc would make her completely viable.

gj, keep it up. It takes a while to fully get used to the style, but if you keep learning it i think you'll get to see things from my point of view.

I mean, 25% wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but then again 25% would barely be anything in the early game, which is where she would need the most help anyway (it'd be 5 damage at level 1-2, 8.75 damage at level 3-4, 12.5 at 5-6... really really small numbers, especially when you consider that at level 1 and 2 you'd only be able to tack on a proc or two anyway, and that the bladed armor mastery is doing more damage than that every second.)

Quote:
Keitterman:
oh yea, something someone pointed out to me, and it's make my Leona jungle a lot better, is that she only needs blue camp + red camp to be level 3, so if you start:
wolves -> smiteless blue -> red camp, you can just pick a preferred lane and kill it. It's pretty brutal.

yeah, this is basically always the best idea if you can. Gotta make sure you don't share the large wolf xp though, or else you'll be short of 3. If that happens, you're gonna have to go to wraiths first.

Alternatively, you can start on the red side too and take the similar route. That's what I usually do, especially if i'm on the blue team, since wraiths->red->blue leads me to top or puts me in a spot to gank the enemy jungler at their red... yes Leona can do that. It also secures my red, which enemies are more likely to steal, though in reality with the clear time from a smiteless leash on blue it's tough for enemies to be able to steal red even if you start blue. She easily has enough mana that you can afford to stall on blue for a bit.

Crowcide

04-20-2013

Quote:
shppy:
gj, keep it up. It takes a while to fully get used to the style, but if you keep learning it i think you'll get to see things from my point of view.

I mean, 25% wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but then again 25% would barely be anything in the early game, which is where she would need the most help anyway (it'd be 5 damage at level 1-2, 8.75 damage at level 3-4, 12.5 at 5-6... really really small numbers, especially when you consider that at level 1 and 2 you'd only be able to tack on a proc or two anyway, and that the bladed armor mastery is doing more damage than that every second.)

What if instead of 25% it was "this damage is capped at..." 10, 15 or something like that

LSA

05-08-2013

Quote:
Morello:
Discussed this and we're not likely to add this.

Leona's pretty balanced right now, but her jungle would likely push her into an unbalnaced state. The reaction to that would be to remove current power (Rank 1 CC's or other core functionality) that would ultimately damage the character. Not worth the cost/benefit ratio to allow her to be more a solo character.

Thnx for killing my hopes and dreams Morello

meanwhile Nautilus has almost as much if not more cc than she does and he's still balanced