Leona Change: Please I beg you!?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheese852

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shppy View Post
It's still not a bad time by any means, considering her ganking strength is also higher than Nautilus's, or nearly anyone else's, for that matter

And besides, solo clears basically never happen. With the exception getting invaded badly, there's pretty much always assistance. With a smiteless leash she clears as fast as just about any other jungler with a smiteless start (nearly all junglers, except pure-single target champs like shen and poppy, clear within a couple seconds of one another if they get a smiteless start. For the most part, slow level 1s and 2s is where the biggest difference in solo clear speeds comes from, which is the reason Leona's solo clear is relatively slow)

Basically, if i'm blue team, and i start red smiteless, i can clear double buff level 3 and get up to the top river brush to gank at the same time or faster than an opposing jungler starting smiteless blue and taking the mirrored route (getting to doublebuff level 3 and ganking top). In practicality, it's not slow in the least
I understand that solo-clearing is rare, I was just using it for consistency, the amount of leashing can vary significantly. However, with a leash, being able to pop your own passive is even less significant. I've jungled Leona before as well, and I love it. However I believe, other junglers do her job better than her, and that's why shes not played competitively. This change, a 7-8 second clear speed decrease, would really make the difference.

Zalfi

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Discussed this and we're not likely to add this.

Leona's pretty balanced right now, but her jungle would likely push her into an unbalnaced state. The reaction to that would be to remove current power (Rank 1 CC's or other core functionality) that would ultimately damage the character. Not worth the cost/benefit ratio to allow her to be more a solo character.
I'm curious if you discussed any other alternative changes to her passive besides this. Maybe something like bonus stats based on the number of minions/monsters afflicted with sunlight, since that really only matters when nobody is around to trigger them. Maybe like 1-2 extra AD for each active mark. While I agree completely that she shouldn't proc her own passive, it does feel a little unfair that she doesn't get anything for herself. I think something like this would help her solo ability just a little bit, without causing any real problems. Plus if your fighting someone near a bunch of their minions then your gonna have a bad time, even if you get free stats. Also I really just like the idea of sunlight powering her up. I dunno, just some thoughts.

ep pe ep pe

04-17-2013

Quote:

Leona's pretty balanced right now, but her jungle would likely push her into an unbalnaced state. The reaction to that would be to remove current power (Rank 1 CC's or other core functionality) that would ultimately damage the character. Not worth the cost/benefit ratio to allow her to be more a solo character.

Yup yup, this is what people don't get.

If Leona had a decent clear time with the power behind her ganks... ugh.. I'd hate my life. Or be playing Leona.

Ellzam

04-17-2013

TLDR: You had one job, Leona. ONE JOB.

Dragull2

04-17-2013

Just like I said: Riot likes to label champions.

If a champion can do both support and solo he is "unbalanced".

Endertome

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragull2 View Post
Just like I said: Riot likes to label champions.

If a champion can do both support and solo he is "unbalanced".
Curiously, give Leona's official Champion Spotlight a look

They bill her as a Top Lane champion who can also support.

I'm going to be playing her in top lane from now on as protest for the decision not to give her something she can use from her own damn passive. Because Riot clearly intended her to be played there.

She's not even tagged as a Support. She's like Zyra. A champion who's just used as support because of her CC but was never meant to primarily function in that role.

Lancer37

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

Still should try a half damage proc for minions

slifer556

04-17-2013

Leona is a women, and women are dependant on others....

Endertome

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slifer556 View Post
Leona is a women, and women are dependant on others....
Bull****.

Take your stupid brainless sexism and go back to the 50s.

Kaolla

04-17-2013

Quote:
good to see you're content with a champ being viable in only one role/lane...

seriously. your team is dumb as hell