Leona Change: Please I beg you!?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuphlas

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Discussed this and we're not likely to add this.

Leona's pretty balanced right now, but her jungle would likely push her into an unbalnaced state. The reaction to that would be to remove current power (Rank 1 CC's or other core functionality) that would ultimately damage the character. Not worth the cost/benefit ratio to allow her to be more a solo character.
Wouldn't kill you guys to test this internally before dismissing it because of what might or might not happen.

Endertome

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuphlas View Post
Wouldn't kill you guys to test this internally before dismissing it because of what might or might not happen.
Evidently testing ideas to open more options to a champion who only has 1 is too hard.

I apologize for the hostility. This is just a bitter pill to swallow.

CrazedPorcupine

04-17-2013

Quote:

Leona's pretty balanced right now, but her jungle would likely push her into an unbalnaced state. The reaction to that would be to remove current power (Rank 1 CC's or other core functionality) that would ultimately damage the character. Not worth the cost/benefit ratio to allow her to be more a solo character.
At least send it onto the PBE to see how badly it would affect her and whether or not it would actually need nerfs to the rest of her kit. That's what the PBE is for isn't it? testing things to see whether or not they break a character?

Naravay

04-17-2013

Quote:

What if it was only on minions and not monsters so she can wave clear and maybe be a viable solo laner?

Cheese852

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shppy View Post
your math is pretty badly flawed if you think it takes her that long to clear. A solo clear time can easily get as low as 3:52 (3:56 avoiding double golems), not the 4:15 you are assuming. It's uninformed assumptions like this that make people think her speed is 'too slow' and cause people to think a buff like this thread proposed is needed, when it's not.
Stonewall008's video shows 4:15 clear time, I'm going with that.

├Žioyou

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese852 View Post
WAIT MORELLO, DON'T LEAVE YET!

Theres only a ~7-8 second increase on clear time without a leash, I did the math. Nautilus, also without a leash, currently clears 30 seconds faster than Leona. Leona spends 1:35 fighting monsters while natilus only spends 1:05 fighting monsters. Basically, this change wouldn't even make Leona jungle viable in competitive, let alone deserve a nerf.

Try it out on the PBE at least? Please?

Not sure if it has been said yet but, Riot, Hire this man.

shppy

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedPorcupine View Post
At least send it onto the PBE to see how badly it would affect her and whether or not it would actually need nerfs to the rest of her kit. That's what the PBE is for isn't it? testing things to see whether or not they break a character?
because PBE isn't exactly the best place to test something like this anyway.

The problem isn't what this will allow average players to do with Leona. Average players will just be able to take her elsewhere and do alright with this change. The problem is what it will allow *good* players to do. Good players, who are already capable of doing well in other roles with Leona without something like this, will be able to dominate, and do far better than a balanced character should. And in time that's what the average players will be able to do, once they learn it. And then something will be nerfed

The reason sending this to PBE wouldn't do much is because there wouldn't be much of any feedback for the latter case, which is where all the problem is. People who are good enough with Leona outside of support are rare enough on the live servers; there's going to be very few, if any, on PBE that would actually be good enough to be qualified in testing how strong this would potentially be

shppy

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese852 View Post
Stonewall008's video shows 4:15 clear time, I'm going with that.
stonewall's video isn't even close to optimized. He doesn't time his W's, he takes lousy masteries, and he doesn't level in the right order. Doing the same route as him, i get a 3:56. Even is i muck up some timing i still make it before 4:00.

Trust me, I've done way more jungle Leona than stonewall.

Xerrol Nanoha

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraIgnis View Post
I feel like if Leona can get this type of treatment, Lux deserves the same. Let allies be able to proc her passive.
That would be a nerf to lux.

requium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

Quote:

Disapointed in this but I understand why this was decided. Thanks for the update.