Leona Change: Please I beg you!?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossing View Post
How about making it trigger for half the damage on creeps?
This is what I was gonna write... her passive is not that strong early, making it weaker but proc-able against neutrals could warrant her power curve to stay the same... right?

Mister Oinke

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Discussed this and we're not likely to add this.

Leona's pretty balanced right now, but her jungle would likely push her into an unbalnaced state. The reaction to that would be to remove current power (Rank 1 CC's or other core functionality) that would ultimately damage the character. Not worth the cost/benefit ratio to allow her to be more a solo character.
**** you

shppy

04-17-2013

Quote:

Leona's pretty balanced right now, but her jungle would likely push her into an unbalnaced state. The reaction to that would be to remove current power (Rank 1 CC's or other core functionality) that would ultimately damage the character. Not worth the cost/benefit ratio to allow her to be more a solo character.
I appreciate you discussing it, and i'm glad you came to that decision. A lot of the voices in this thread don't realize how much she's capable of alone, but I'm well aware of her abilities (i jungle, top, mid, and support with her, mostly jungle), and i understand how much of a balance issue it would cause to allow her to farm and clear more effectively.

Endertome

04-17-2013

Oh well. At least he actually said something about it as opposed to the usual Riot approach of "leave it up in the air forever".

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

Quote:

Yay for sensibility!

Those who don't like Leona's kit can play someone else. *hugs his favorite metal sun lady*

swan2swan

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hige View Post
This is what I was gonna write... her passive is not that strong early, making it weaker but proc-able against neutrals could warrant her power curve to stay the same... right?
But that would mean less damage output if you're with your carry.

shppy

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese852 View Post
WAIT MORELLO, DON'T LEAVE YET!

Theres only a ~7-8 second increase on clear time without a leash, I did the math. Nautilus, also without a leash, currently clears 30 seconds faster than Leona. Leona spends 1:35 fighting monsters while natilus only spends 1:05 fighting monsters. Basically, this change wouldn't even make Leona jungle viable in competitive, let alone deserve a nerf.

Try it out on the PBE at least? Please?
your math is pretty badly flawed if you think it takes her that long to clear. A solo clear time can easily get as low as 3:52 (3:56 avoiding double golems), not the 4:15 you are assuming. It's uninformed assumptions like this that make people think her speed is 'too slow' and cause people to think a buff like this thread proposed is needed, when it's not.

Great Owl

04-17-2013

That's dumb. Leona is only strong as support and this doesn't buff that state. That's like saying buffing Ezreal's AP ratio's would make AD Ez OP (I realize there are other reasons Ez is hard to balance). Leona is the most artificially limited champion in the game, give her a little wiggle room.

Endertome

04-17-2013

I think I'm going to start playing Leona top just to be contrary.

Riot seems to think she can do Top just fine, in their own spotlight.

Not that "damage from items ignites Sunlight" would even be a buff considering it'd be the only passive that would require gold to make use of. Then again, it's the only passive that provides ABSOLUTELY ZERO benefit to the person who owns it in its current state.

shppy

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Owl View Post
That's dumb. Leona is only strong as support and this doesn't buff that state. That's like saying buffing Ezreal's AP ratio's would make AD Ez OP (I realize there are other reasons Ez is hard to balance). Leona is the most artificially limited champion in the game, give her a little wiggle room.
try learning to jungle her. It's not that hard. And it's not weak, the combination of gank strength, frequency, and chance of success makes her ganking among the best of all junglers, possibly *the* best. If she had a great clearing speed her jungle would be blatantly overpowered. The *mildly* slow jungle speed she current has is one of the factors that actually keeps the godlike ganks balanced.