Leona Change: Please I beg you!?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crowcide

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0rtus View Post
Leona is "alright" atm in Jungle - spirit of the elder lizard highly improves her clearing time and enables a more reasonable all-round performance.

Tbh, if she succeeds in rushing SoTL she deals tons of damage on ganks and can easily fight 1v1 in the jungle. Giving her the passive on minions/monsters would just mean that she can easier clear and be more efficient on early levels which of course would make her automatically at least a tier 2 jungle.
That's the goal, tier 1 or 2 jungle w/o affecting her lane.

Teemo Support GG

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Only on minions/monsters bothers me a lot less. Worth a discussion with the team at least (though, Leona's not exactly weak right now...)
Quote:
Because we'd have to add a lot of power to make her a reasonable jungler, which makes nerfs to other areas much more likely. This is especially true since she doesn't have either repeatable spell or attack damage, and it's very likely she'd end up in Fighter territory with her kit.

Just letting her proc her passive would just make her a slow jungler, not a comparable one. It also makes her more damage-oriented, and less of a supportive role like Tank.
<.<
>.>
MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

So what if its out of context and a year old.

On serious note, support leonas would probably prefer it didn't proc on minions.
That'd be insane unintentional lane pushing when you W-E-Q-R combo in bot lane=/

McDestiny

04-17-2013

I've seen a bunch of arguments claiming that this is a bad change because Leona was "never meant" to be a jungler. Part of the problem is that I don't feel she was particularly "meant" to be a pure support either.

She's designed to be a high-cc tank, and currently the only role for those pure-tank characters is usually jungle or support. Of the other tanks, she's the best as a support and probably the worst as a top lane or jungle. Compare her to other characters with a similar role like Nautilus, Rammus, and Amumu. Naut and Amumu can both be good supports, but have viability in the jungle as well. Leona is kept from performing similar roles by her passive.

Changing this passive would be making her more in line with other similar characters. The damage from the passive may need to be reduced on monsters to make her balanced, but if implemented correctly I think she'll be a solid jungle champion with a moderate clear speed, moderate pre-6 gank, and excellent level 6 gank. She'd be top tier support and middle to high tier jungle.

Dragon Charlz

04-17-2013

Quote:
Only on minions/monsters bothers me a lot less. Worth a discussion with the team at least (though, Leona's not exactly weak right now...)
I totally agree with this. Giving her another viable role would be nice. I've seen some jungle now, but it is painfully slow. This would speed it up a bit, without giving her the solo lane power that I imagine you don't want her to have.

mayipora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

RlOT PLZ

MichaeI Jaxon

04-17-2013

This actually scares me, she seems a lot scarier with the cc she brings than other junglers x.x

Endertome

04-17-2013

Quote:
I implore you take a look at the proposal in this thread, regarding Leona's passive. I think you might like the balance it creates while not sacrificing anything on Leona nor making her overpowered.

USMCTempest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
Only on neutral monsters would even be acceptable.

But you do need to realise that if you make this change, she will be picked every single game for the jungle.

The amount of CC/initiate she brings to a team (even with no items) is insane.

EDIT: Also, a guy has made it to plat playing jungle Leona only. So it is doable. All you will be doing is increase her clear time.
What if they made it proc for say, half effectiveness? Her initiates are good but if you get behind it is soooo hard to catch up on her in the jungle, half effectiveness would still really speed her clear up.

Crowcide

04-17-2013

Spaming that link isn't gonna make riot like your idea dude. Go read morellos post, he doesn't want it to proc on everything. Also that's a buff to her lane phase, we're trying to avoid buffs.

TerraIgnis

04-17-2013

I feel like if Leona can get this type of treatment, Lux deserves the same. Let allies be able to proc her passive.