Leona Change: Please I beg you!?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ICEninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

My idea for this is actually to have her be able to proc her own passive on anyone (champions included) if and only if no allied champion is within a certain distance, thus allowing her to play in different lanes and be able to jungle MUCH more effectively, without changing how she plays in lane as a support.

The reason I want her to be able to proc her own passive when alone is to not only allow her jungling capabilities, but also to be a contender for a solo top tank.

IF Riot were to consider this rout, I wouldn't mind seeing her passive decreased in damage _SLIGHTLY_ while adding an AP ratio to it.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
(though, Leona's not exactly weak right now...)
Only as long as she's not caught alone anyway (not that she should be, but it'd sure help).

BIG JIM BOB

04-17-2013

Quote:
Only on minions/monsters bothers me a lot less. Worth a discussion with the team at least (though, Leona's not exactly weak right now...)
She's not weak at all. She sees plenty of play and is super fun to play. She also has very rewarding play. Changes like these will lead to changes to her other abilities which may not be favorable for those of us that like her the way she is. Please don't do it. I don't want to see something like this lead to higher cooldowns and slower move speed b/c her jungling turns out to be too strong. But that's what will happen. Changes like this don't get reverted, other things end up getting 'tweaked' (nerfed) to accommodate.

Crowcide

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JIM BOB View Post
She's not weak at all. She sees plenty of play and is super fun to play. She also has very rewarding play. Changes like these will lead to changes to her other abilities which may not be favorable for those of us that like her the way she is. Please don't do it. I don't want to see something like this lead to higher cooldowns and slower move speed b/c her jungling turns out to be too strong. But that's what will happen. Changes like this don't get reverted, other things end up getting 'tweaked' (nerfed) to accommodate.
Or they could just let it proc for 3/4, 1/2, or 1/4 damage. There is a number you can pick to make it work.

0% self proc she isn't a viable jungler, 10,000% she's an op jungler. The IMV says there is some number between where she would be balanced.

Verxint

04-17-2013

Leona is a viable jungler. Her success in jungle depends on getting really early ganks and getting your lanes ahead, much like shaco.

if you fail to do this you will struggle to be effective come midgame, just like shaco.

If you succeed, your team will completely dominate the other team, just like shaco.

The whole "feed-your-team-or-bust" thing is how Leona is played, even when she's support. It's just less risky.

Crowcide

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verx Interis View Post
Leona is a viable jungler. Her success in jungle depends on getting really early ganks and getting your lanes ahead, much like shaco.

if you fail to do this you will struggle to be effective come midgame, just like shaco.

If you succeed, your team will completely dominate the other team, just like shaco.

The whole "feed-your-team-or-bust" thing is how Leona is played, even when she's support. It's just less risky.
None of this is true. Leona pre 6 will be a terrible ganker. Her gap closer range is less than j4, xin, vi, naut, alistar, or zac. Shaco has a stealth, bursty, gap closer. Which is something Leona doesn't. Leona in lane is consider extremely week pre-6. You hear pros who actually play leona talk about her they all say the same thing, one of the best after 6 but incredibly risky before then.

If you think leona is a snowball laner or jungler atm you're playing some pretty bad people.

OneBigBugga

Master Recruiter

04-17-2013

Quote:
Only on minions/monsters bothers me a lot less. Worth a discussion with the team at least (though, Leona's not exactly weak right now...)
When it comes to anything BUT being a support? Yea she is. Her damage is low and she is totally wasted in any other lane or role because of her passive. I would GLADLY give up some of her CC for her proc on at least minions and monsters.

Yellowpanda

04-17-2013

leona was made to be a "beefy support". her passive is to help support her temamates into dealing a decent amount of magic dmg. she wasnt made to be a jungler or be any sort of carry that farms with her passive. i really dont think leona needs a change. shes a great support as is, and should stay as a support, for that is her sole purpose of being made by riot.

m0rtus

04-17-2013

Leona is "alright" atm in Jungle - spirit of the elder lizard highly improves her clearing time and enables a more reasonable all-round performance.

Tbh, if she succeeds in rushing SoTL she deals tons of damage on ganks and can easily fight 1v1 in the jungle. Giving her the passive on minions/monsters would just mean that she can easier clear and be more efficient on early levels which of course would make her automatically at least a tier 2 jungle.

Sephrinx

04-17-2013

Riot plz