Leona Change: Please I beg you!?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheAbraxis

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Only on minions/monsters bothers me a lot less. Worth a discussion with the team at least (though, Leona's not exactly weak right now...)
Quote:
though, Leona's not exactly weak right now...
Ughh, Morello look!

*points towards Irelia*

Leona, run!

shppy

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitterman View Post
What you think will happen: Jungle Leona will be viable
What will actually happen: Jungle Leona will be so good that aspects of her kit get nerfed, causing all forms of Leona to be less.

why? because Jungle Leona IS viable now. She already has an amazing gank on her pick of lanes at 3:30, almost guarantees first blood. She already clears minion camps in a rotation of her kit + a few AA's on the main minion.

If she dealt more damage to minion camps:
1 - she would just clear jungle while walking to her next kill, would be faster than any other champ in game
2 - she would have a wider range of freedom on her jungle setup. Right now she is either tanky or does damage. If you make a change like this, she can be both. Right away you could drop your masteries that pertain to minions only.

this, thank you. Exactly this. So many people still think it's not viable, but you and I understand that it already *is* viable, and that this would be pushing it overboard. And then she'd get nerfs to other parts of her kit to compensate (not immediately, but eventually)... parts that pertain to enemy champion interactions especially, which no true Leona player would want nerfed. Especially since that's a nerf to *all* forms of Leona, resulting from an unnecessary buff to a few (already viable, just not popular) forms of Leona.

Although you mixed up one thing. If she got to pop her passive on monsters, she wouldn't necessarily drop the minion-only masteries. You'd want to keep bladed armor (and therefore the prerequisite mastery too), since that would pop her passive without needing to auto-attack or cast anything as soon as the monsters attacked you.

AR Manimal

04-17-2013

Quote:
(though, Leona's not exactly weak right now...)
People need to keep this in mind. When Nasus initially got buffed I remember Morello saying something along these lines, and look at him now. Fotm, and next on the chopping block. Uhh, nerfing block.

DaRedPanda1

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
Only on neutral monsters would even be acceptable.

But you do need to realise that if you make this change, she will be picked every single games for the jungle.

The amount of CC/initiate she brings to a team (even with no items) is insane.

EDIT: Also, a guy has made it to plat playing jungle Leona only. So it is doable. All you will be doing is increase her clear time.
What about a 20% chance of leona proc her passive on neutral camps?

Bearmantron

04-17-2013

Leona is already soo strong. She has quickly become my favourite and my main. I fear if we give her this buff, even just on minions/monsters it will lead to some sort of nerfs in the future. She is so perfect I just dont want her to be changed.

PressF1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

Quote:
Only on minions/monsters bothers me a lot less. Worth a discussion with the team at least (though, Leona's not exactly weak right now...)
I don't think it would make leona stronger by a large margin, it would just increase her options for roles.

shppy

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressF1 View Post
I don't think it would make leona stronger by a large margin, it would just increase her options for roles.
she already has the option to go to everywhere but ADc. In particular, she's already a strong jungler (just check my match history). Buffing her passive to make her faster/stronger, particularly in the jungle, would be pushing her too far, and would almost certainly result in nerfs elsewhere, which no one wants.

Don't get blinded by thinking you have to use her passive, the rest of her kit allows her to solo and jungle just fine.

Isysar

04-17-2013

People have been saying this for a LONG time: please make it so!

LickMyWalnut

04-17-2013

Quote:
smd noob, how you get that pic btw, and why it say red post? you think you special?

Frostedluck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-17-2013

While I kinda like this idea... I just pissed myself at the thought of jungle Leona ganks. ggwp indeed.